It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:47 pm

Rainmeter background should trigger windows logo +M

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dcitelecom

Rainmeter background should trigger windows logo +M

Post by dcitelecom »

As I am navigating around with my new Rainmeter Omnimo skin, I find myself wishing for a quick way to go back to the Omnimo desktop whenever I want to launch a new program. Sometimes I click the Omnimo background image (force of habit) expecting the screen to switch to the desktop but of course nothing happens. Windows logo +M works well but I wish it would be possible to set a mouse click to the background to trigger win+M.
r0k

Re: Rainmeter background should trigger windows logo +M

Post by r0k »

Eh? What exactly is clicking the desktop supposed to do? If i click my windows desktop when i have any window opened, apart from unfocusing the window it does nothing? :confused:
dcitelecom

Post by dcitelecom »

I guess I am looking for a rainmeter hotkey to bring all tiles to the foreground and the forum suggest win+M which minimizes all open windows. Intuitively I found myself clicking the desktop hoping rainmeter to come to the foreground and thought this might be a good enhancement. It definitely needs a hotkey or something to come to the foreground but I'd prefer a mouse action i.e. clicking the desktop or a specific spot on the desktop.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dcitelecom wrote:I guess I am looking for a rainmeter hotkey to bring all tiles to the foreground and the forum suggest win+M which minimizes all open windows. Intuitively I found myself clicking the desktop hoping rainmeter to come to the foreground and thought this might be a good enhancement. It definitely needs a hotkey or something to come to the foreground but I'd prefer a mouse action i.e. clicking the desktop or a specific spot on the desktop.
If you hover or click the "Show Desktop" button at the very bottom right of the screen on the taskbar, it will hide all open windows and just leave Rainmeter skins.
goodmeme

Post by goodmeme »

I do this. I use middle click to revert to the desktop. It's like show desktop command but with the mouse. It is exactly the same as pressing letter d while holding windows key. i.e. your computer thinks you used the keyboard shortcut, but you just pressed your mouse button instead.

You need autohotkey installed, just add this:

; this is middle mouse button shows desktop
MButton::Send #d

the first line with the semi-colon is ignored, it's just so you can see what the code does. Autohotkey is great. You can use it for loads of keyboard macros etc. For example on a mini keyboard I don't have f4 key so I just use ctrl 4 together with the command:

^4::Send !{F4}
;this means alt and f4 is control and 4