It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:03 am

Help with power plugin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gmvolk

Re: Help with power plugin.

Post by gmvolk »

No apologizes needed :D.

yoshi, out of curiosity what laptop do you have? I have a Dell 1545 with Win7 64 bit and I have gotten so many wrong readings with the battery status that maybe you are seeing something similar. I no longer look at the status in my skins, I use only the ACLINE, LIFETIME and PERCENT returns. I tried using the STATUS2, but only one number would return from it so did not investigate it further.

I too, can't see why it's not working for you, it seemed to be fine for me :uhuh:

Just to be sure we are all on the same page, what you want is to show your sparkle meter only when the power is plugged in and the status is either 1,2 or 3?

Good luck.
"Pub." Ah, yes: a meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

http://gmvolk.deviantart.com/
gmvolk

Post by gmvolk »

Thinking about this, if your laptop behaves :twisted: like mine with the STATUS try this

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100

[PercentStatus]
Measure=PLUGIN
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=PERCENT
IfAboveValue=90
IfAboveAction=[!HideMeter ImageMeter] [!DisableMeasure ImageNumberCalc]
IfBelowValue=89
IfBelowAction=[!ShowMeter ImageMeter] [!EnableMeasure ImageNumberCalc]

[PowerStatus]
Measure=PLUGIN
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=ACLINE
Substitute="0":"DC","1":"AC"
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!ShowMeter ImageMeter] [!EnableMeasure ImageNumberCalc]
IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=[!HideMeter ImageMeter] [!DisableMeasure ImageNumberCalc]

[ImageMeter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[ImageNumberCalc].png
DynamicVariables=1
Hidden=1

[ImageNumberCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 6
Disabled=1
If on AC the meter and measure get disabled, while on battery if the charge is above 90%(high) do not show and if below 89%(Med to Low) show it. You can change the percents to match whatever you prefer. I have not tried it out but it is similar to what I do in my battery skin.

EDIT: Just re-verified last night, on my laptop at above 67% charge is reported as high using STATUS measure, between about 35%-66% it reports as No Battery :o and from 22%-34% is low. At 21% the laptop goes into hibernation, no warning just does it. The power management in win7 is set for critical at around 10% and low at 25%. You may want to look at the various returns from the status measure and see what your's does.
"Pub." Ah, yes: a meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

http://gmvolk.deviantart.com/
the yoshi

Post by the yoshi »

gmvolk,I really want the sparkle to just show when the measure of battery status is 1 (charging only). That code did not do anything, and I've stopped using the sparkle image for all intensive purposes Just in case it's that that's not working; but alas, nothing. I have a lenovo Z575 to answer that question too.

Mordasius, I honestly dont think my laptop can do Battery statuses. I tried the one I have one last time after I fiddled with my power saving options some more, and it worked! The next time I turned on my laptop however, It stopped working. I've researched the power saving function, and it seems that this computer really likes that being default, and that is what's keeping it from it showing up. I even downloaded that battery skin, and it wouldn't even install! To be honest, I don't mind if it doesnt work on my laptop. I just wanted it to be available for others, and now I can conform this on my side because I tested it on my friends acer the other day and it worked like a dream.

Again thanks for all the help. It's not you, its me (laptop) lol.