It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:21 pm

[BUG]Image Directory Error

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
smurfier

Re: [BUG]Image Directory Error

Post by smurfier »

It's not really a bug. When the measure has no value and you provide ImageName=%1.png, Rainmeter is still looking for an image named .png.
If you don't provide an ImageName parameter, Rainmeter doesn't have anything to look for at all.

The best way to fix the error that shows up may be to add a Extension parameter to the Image meter.

Code: Select all

[MeterName]
Meter=Image
Path=#@#Images
MeasureName=SomeMeasure
Extension=JPG
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I agree. Or Rainmeter could search for other common file types besides .png, if it doesn't find any. I don't know what inpact that would cause, though.

@Faradey, yes, we are talking about the same thing. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

smurfier wrote:It's not really a bug. When the measure has no value and you provide ImageName=%1.png, Rainmeter is still looking for an image named .png.
If you don't provide an ImageName parameter, Rainmeter doesn't have anything to look for at all.

The best way to fix the error that shows up may be to add a Extension parameter to the Image meter.

Code: Select all

[MeterName]
Meter=Image
Path=#@#Images
MeasureName=SomeMeasure
Extension=JPG
I'm not sure this would be a good idea. This would only be needed in cases where a measure only provides the name of the image with no extension. Apart from weather skins this rarely occurs and I think the options available on a meter shouldn't be tailored to such specific use cases.

As you said we can't really consider this a bug. I think it would be good if we could specifiy a default value that WebParser returns when it doesn't have a value yet. Especially since this also happens when you don't have an internet connection. I think currently there is no way to determine if WebParser just parsed an empty string or if it has no connection to the internet.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!