It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:36 pm

Diver's clock with mouse-draggable bezel, suggestions?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
o2r

Diver's clock with mouse-draggable bezel, suggestions?

Post by o2r »

Hi!

I'm trying to make an analog clock resembling a diver's watch with a bezel that can be rotated by dragging the mouse.
Analog clocks are easy enough to make in Rainmeter, but I have no idea on how to implement a mouse-draggable rotating bezel.

Here's an example of a diver's dial with round bezel marker:

Some creative suggestions would be appreciated...
or if you know of an alternative clock application that allows for this behaviour, please let me know ;-)
o2r

Re: Diver's clock with mouse-draggable bezel, suggestions?

Post by o2r »

Still no suggestions? :(
parasite64

Post by parasite64 »

o2r wrote:Still no suggestions? :(
I'm not sure of what you mean by bezel, but is that the round light at the top above the 12?
[Aurora]
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Right now, Rainmeter has no way to detect mouse-dragging (other than to move the entire skin). This may change in the future, but we currently have no plan to implement it. Sorry. :(
o2r

Post by o2r »

parasite64 wrote: I'm not sure of what you mean by bezel, but is that the round light at the top above the 12?
Yes, the dot marker is part of the bezel. I would like to figure out how to rotate an image by using the mouse.
Kaelri wrote:Right now, Rainmeter has no way to detect mouse-dragging (other than to move the entire skin). This may change in the future, but we currently have no plan to implement it. Sorry. :(
Is there a way to implement rotation of an image by mouse-clicking? For example, when you mouse-click on a part of the dial the bezel rotates a certain degree.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

o2r wrote:Is there a way to implement rotation of an image by mouse-clicking? For example, when you mouse-click on a part of the dial the bezel rotates a certain degree.
Yes there is but it will always be rather crude because the clickable areas have to be rectangles. You might like to take a look at the discussion on Seahorse's attempts to make a clickable volume dial (on this thread).