It is currently April 28th, 2024, 9:54 am

ImageCrop height only?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ScottBeeson

ImageCrop height only?

Post by ScottBeeson »

I'm displaying an artist image from the last.fm API and I want to crop it at 75 pixels height, but I want it to be the full width. When I do ImageCrop=0,0,0,75,1 it is not displayed. If I set a width, it stretches it.

Is there any way to complete ignore the width? I just want it to be 75 pixels high, native width and preserve the aspect ratio.
ScottBeeson

Re: ImageCrop height only?

Post by ScottBeeson »

For now I just created a second image with alpha 0 that has no width or height set. When it retreives the image it obviously sets the height of the meter accordingly. I then use an LUA script to get the width and set a variable that I later use to crop...

Pain in the butt, I wish I could just do ImageCrop=0,0,*,75,1 but oh well :)
Mordasius

Re: ImageCrop height only?

Post by Mordasius »

ScottBeeson wrote:Is there any way to complete ignore the width? I just want it to be 75 pixels high, native width and preserve the aspect ratio.
I don't think there is any way you can set the Height to 75 pixels AND keep the original width AND preserve the aspect ratio. If you want Height=75 and Width=Original Width, I don't think there is any alternative to using a LUA script to get the 'W' value to use in ImageCrop.

.ini file

Code: Select all

[Variables]
CropHeight=75
PicWidth=75

[DummyDisplay]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=MyImage.jpg
X=-5000
Y=-3000

[GetPicWidth-Lua]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=GetPicWidth.lua

[ShowCroppedImage]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=MyImage.jpg
ImageCrop=0, 0, #PicWidth#, #CropHeight#
DynamicVariables=1
and GetPicWidth.lua

Code: Select all

function Update()
    Meter = SKIN:GetMeter('DummyDisplay')
    Width = Meter:GetW()
	 SKIN:Bang('!SetVariable', 'PicWidth', Width)
end
Which is probably what you did! Sorry I didn't read the second post properly :oops: