It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:24 am

Can I call a skin from another skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cowsgraze

Can I call a skin from another skin?

Post by cowsgraze »

Hi! I just downloaded Rainmeter and a Skyrim themed skin and I've been modifying it a bit to suit me better. So far I like Rainmeter a lot, and it's pretty easy to learn and modify, but I'm having one problem.

I wanted to know if it's possible to make one skin appear or disappear from within another skin. In this particular case, I have a skin that I created and the Lifehacker RSS Feed that comes as a default with the Rainmeter download. My personal skin has three meters: Info1, Info2, and Info3, where Info2 is just a highlighted Info1, and Info3 is a box that pops up to the side of Info2 and disappears when the mouse leaves that meter. That part works just fine; I can switch between the meters in the way designed, but I want the Lifehacker skin (its default name is Feeds.ini) to appear and disappear with Info3. How do I do this?
Mordasius

Re: Can I call a skin from another skin?

Post by Mordasius »

cowsgraze wrote:..... I can switch between the meters in the way designed, but I want the Lifehacker skin (its default name is Feeds.ini) to appear and disappear with Info3. How do I do this?
I'm not sure what Feed Reader you are using but if it is illustro then all you need to do is go to the MouseOver / MouseLeave actions that make Info3 appear / dissappear and add !Bangs to Show/Hide illustro\feeds.ini e.g.

Code: Select all

MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter Info3]   [!Show illustro\Feeds]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeter Info3]  [!Hide illustro\Feeds]