It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:32 pm

WebParser.dll timeout on Measure

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
valentine1

WebParser.dll timeout on Measure

Post by valentine1 »

Hey guys. Just stumbled onto rainmeter when I setup my new pc with a second monitor (only about 7 years behind the cool crowd) and have been having so much fun editing people's skins to my simplistic tastes.

I'm just having a bit of a problem with calling an rss/atom feed. The feed itself is just from a fun site that just gives manly inspirational messages every day. I wrote this after going over jsmorley's guide here http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59160#p59160.

Code: Select all

[MainMeasure]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
URL=http://www.brotips.com/recent.atom
RegExp="(?siU).*<content>(.*)</content>"
StringIndex=1
Update=60

[ContentMeasure]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
URL=[MainMeasure]
StringIndex=2
Substitute="&":"&",""":"","&Quot;":"","<br>":"","![CDATA[":"","]]":"","...":"","<":"",">":"","/PRE>":"","PRE>":"","<":""

[ContentMeter]
Meter=String
MeasureName=ContentMeasure
X=5
Y=5
W=250
H=100
Text="%1"
FontSize=12
It worked very briefly (about an hour) but when I refreshed everything to add in more skins the 'About Rainmeter' log said 'Error, WebParser.dll: (1483) The operation timed out (ErrorCode=12002).

Not sure how to fix this and what I've done wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for rainmeter being so rad!
poiru
Developer

Re: WebParser.dll timeout on Measure

Post by poiru »

You are hitting the site every 10 minutes since Update= is not valid in a measure (and is ignored).

On the main WebParser measure, you might want to try e.g. UpdateRate=10800, which hits the site every 3 hours (assuming that you have Update=1000 or no Update= at all under [Rainmeter]).

You might also want to try restarting Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think it is most likely that you angered WebParser by repeatedly refreshing it before it could finish earlier runs to the site.

Just restart Rainmeter, and I bet it works.
valentine1

Post by valentine1 »

thank you gentlemen, it worked perfectly! i also noticed that i didn't need [MainMeasure] to have StringIndex=1 and the [Child] measure to be StringIndex=2. So I changed it to this --> (for anyone who might search this later)

Code: Select all

[MainMeasure]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
URL=http://www.brotips.com/recent.atom
RegExp="(?siU).*<content>(.*)</content>"
UpdateRate=10800

[ContentMeasure]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
URL=[MainMeasure]
StringIndex=1
Substitute="&":"&",""":"","&Quot;":"","<br>":"","![CDATA[":"","]]":"","...":"","<":"",">":"","/PRE>":"","PRE>":"","<":""

[ContentMeter]
Meter=String
MeasureName=ContentMeasure
X=5
Y=5
W=500
H=100
Text="%1"
AutoScale=1
FontSize=12
FontColor=255,255,255,255
thanks again, it's very much appreciated. i hope to contribute too with some of these little nifty things i'm making so yay!