It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:16 pm

[SOLVED] AppVersion and Beta version

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
~Faradey~

[SOLVED] AppVersion and Beta version

Post by ~Faradey~ »

I can't get it to work(
Looks like AppVersion works only for release versions of Rainmeter. But how about if i need to check for beta version required?

AppVersion=2003000 - works as intended

but what if i need to set 2.3.0 r1334 beta as minimum version...according to manual
The minimum version of Rainmeter that is needed by this skin.If you specify an AppVersion in your skin, and the version of Rainmeter being used by the end user is not equal to or greater than the version number in AppVersion, the end user will be prompted to upgrade.
It is not necessary to define this if you don't want to, however it should be noted that if your skin uses features or settings not available in the version of Rainmeter the end user is running, the skin may fail to operate correctly. AppVersion is a single number that can be calculated like this:
Major * 1000000 + Minor1 * 1000 + Minor2. E.g. the value for Rainmeter 2.0 would be 2000000 and Rainmeter 2.1 would be 2001000.
2003000+1334=2004334 - but even before test i knew it will not work. It just keep telling me to update, but i'm on r1406

so how to set beta version?

If it is not a bug then i would like to put it in suggestion list ;)
Last edited by ~Faradey~ on May 28th, 2012, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: AppVersion and Beta version

Post by jsmorley »

It isn't a bug. I am hesitant to add that level of granularity, partly because it it a beta after all, and the assumption should be that if you are participating in a beta program you should stay current, and partly because those "revision" numbers are not something that is set in concrete.

We will have to chew on this.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I can use beta versions as mininum versions when creating the .rmskin. You could use that.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote:I can use beta versions as mininum versions when creating the .rmskin. You could use that.
Yes, that may be the better approach than AppVersion.
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

oh) i completely forgot about this feature, i guess i'll use it instead of AppVersion
Thank you guys :)