It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:55 pm

[Bug]InputPlugin, Fontcolor depending on Solidcolor

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
AlC

[Bug]InputPlugin, Fontcolor depending on Solidcolor

Post by AlC »

Hey Guys,

I think I found a little bug on the InputText plugin. The bug is that the alpha-value of FontColor is equal the alpha-value of SolidColor. I noticed the problem when I wanted a transparent background of my Input.

[mInputTime]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
FontColor=255,0,0,255
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
Command1=!Execute [!SetVariable TvHours "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTCONFIG#"] X="22"
Command2=!Execute [!SetVariable TvMinutes "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTCONFIG#"] X="92"
Command3=!Execute [!SetVariable TvSeconds "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTCONFIG#"] X="157"

With this code I can't see my Input, because my Input (255,0,0,255) has an alpha-value of 1.

Replacing Command1 with this ...

Command1=!Execute [!SetVariable TvHours "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTCONFIG#"] X="22" SolidColor="0,255,0,128" FontColor="255,0,0,255"

I get a half-transparent green SolidColor (0,255,0,128) and a half-transparent red Input (255,0,0,128). Command2 and 3 I can't still see, of course.

2.3.0 beta r1377 32-bit (May 13 2012)
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Bug]InputPlugin, Fontcolor depending on Solidcolor

Post by jsmorley »

If I recall correctly, it has always been unable to work correctly with any kind of transparency in the InputText measure. It is in effect all one object, and if you make any part of it (the SolidColor or the FontColor) transparent, all of it has the same transparency.

I don't remember the details, but I do recall this being discussed in the early days of the development, and that no solution was found with the current architecture of the plugin.

A meter you put behind the input area, which is what you normally put the LeftMouseUpAction on, can have transparency as you like. The actual input should be solid.
AlC

Post by AlC »

jsmorley wrote:If I recall correctly, it has always been unable to work correctly with any kind of transparency in the InputText measure. It is in effect all one object, and if you make any part of it (the SolidColor or the FontColor) transparent, all of it has the same transparency.

I don't remember the details, but I do recall this being discussed in the early days of the development, and that no solution was found with the current architecture of the plugin.
Okay.
jsmorley wrote:A meter you put behind the input area, which is what you normally put the LeftMouseUpAction on, can have transparency as you like. The actual input should be solid.
I don't quite understand what you mean ?? So this is my case at the moment ...

I have a Background meter like ... + Blur
[BackgroundIn]
Meter=IMAGE
X,Y,W,H ...
SolidColor=128,128,128,20
then I do 3 Inputs ( with different X-positions)

I want do a opaque Input (at least Alpha=200), but when fontcolor and solidcolor have the same transparency I get then a ugly opaque solidcolor on my 128,128,128,20 blured background, of course.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

AlC wrote: Okay.
I don't quite understand what you mean ?? So this is my case at the moment ...

I have a Background meter like ... + Blur then I do 3 Inputs ( with different X-positions)

I want do a opaque Input (at least Alpha=200), but when fontcolor and solidcolor have the same transparency I get then a ugly opaque solidcolor on my 128,128,128,20 blured background, of course.
Yeah, what I am saying is that a meter you put behind the input can look any way you want, but then when you click the meter and the plugin pops the input area on it, that needs to be solid. The input will cover the background meter while it is active of course.
AlC

Post by AlC »

Yes, that's the problem.
Okay, seems that I have to live with this Input-Area-Background problem.
jsmorley wrote:.. and it pops the input area on it, that needs to be solid.
The skin had previously a black opaque background, so I didn't noticed this problem a long time :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

AlC wrote:Yes, that's the problem.
Okay, seems that I have to live with this Input-Area-Background problem.
The skin had previously a black opaque background, so I didn't noticed this problem a long time :)
I always put a meter as the background that has a fake input area on it that is solid, which exactly fits the InputText area, but maybe with some nice border around it or some other way of making it look decent. Then when you pop up the real input area, it is sorta seamless and looks ok.
AlC

Post by AlC »

jsmorley wrote:I always put a meter as the background that has a fake input area on it that is solid, which exactly fits the InputText area, but maybe with some nice border around it or some other way of making it look decent. Then when you pop up the real input area, it is sorta seamless and looks ok.
Yes, I would do the same but unfortunately this method would look really ugly on my skin. So I prefer to take the 5 seconds while the input instead of having it all the time.

But I can live with it. :)