It is currently April 28th, 2024, 9:13 am

How to completely install Engima?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Adderall

How to completely install Engima?

Post by Adderall »

Yes I understand theres a support forum for it and yes I have read through almost everything, manuals, tips 101, you name it for my problem.

So I have rainmeter installed and running. I saw that there were 3 Main themes Rainmetter adverts on their website; Gnome, ABP, and Enigma.

I downloaded ABP first which you had to be an idiot not to be able to install it because Rainstaller by default for the suite will configure it to a default with one click so my problem is when I go to download Enigma it wants to download as a .zip, Download, Extract > desktop.

Inside are 3 Folders (Addons, Skins, Themes) and a .cfg file labeled as "Rainstaller.cfg". I've been able to apply the Enigma skins by copy and pasting the Enigma skins folder to the My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins but I was wondering if there's a way to be able to install the whole thing rather then just the skins one by one, as If it were installed as a default.

Ty
~Adderall

One more thing I'm familiar with coding in java, pascal, python, etc. I ask for help as a last resort when I'm completely stumped.
Brian
Developer

Re: How to completely install Engima?

Post by Brian »

Did you try to rename the file extension from ".zip" to ".rmskin"?

-Brian
Adderall

Post by Adderall »

I had to change the 'open with' (upon download as it choose WinRar by default) application from Winrar to 'SkinInstaller.exe'

-Problem Solved
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Renaming it to .rmskin is the better solution. That way you won't have to change the file association of zip files.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!