General topics related to Rainmeter.
slyphnier

rainmeter inconsistent memory usage

Post by slyphnier »

hello again guys

i have quick question here...
each start up i always check rainmeter memory usage
it hover around 11mb ~ 20mb

i am wondering why rainmeter seems inconsistent in memory usage ?
well i know its not really an issue, as 20mb means nothing in nowdays pc
but that inconsistent just make me wonder, there is a time i am testing various skin and memory usage goes up to 64mb and stick like that until i restart rainmeter
and it back to 20mb

and i also check log, and seeing nothing wrong in there too
hope someone have answer for this

thanks in advance
JingleHellTech

Re: rainmeter inconsistent memory usage

Post by JingleHellTech »

This question is pretty much impossible to answer without knowing your Rainmeter suite and startup programs. Without that information, the best answer is that your computer probably knows what it's doing.

All sorts of factors can affect memory usage. That's why people who bench for fun or other reasons tend to do it on a fresh boot with as little as possible running at startup. The more factors, the more inconsistency.
Note: Please ignore any mindless drivel, rants, or glaring typos. The first likely means my two year old distracted me or got ahold of my keyboard, the second means I'm breathing, and the third is because Razer can't make a functional product to save their lives, and adjusting to a keyboard that actually works is taking a bit of time.

Thanks,
JingleHellTech
slyphnier

Re: rainmeter inconsistent memory usage

Post by slyphnier »

hi thanks for the reply

yes i know it might impossible to answer, but what i want to know is more basic stuff

i know each software act differently and i have yet to try more various windows enchantment software
but taking example from ms sidebar,samurize,adobe air, lcdmisc, speedfan/realtemp which i use/used daily
those software always giving same memory usage each start up, if no the different is pretty slight, maybe only some kb different

while from my logic, as i am using same skin, it should give me same memory usage each start up, no ?
its same skin, same image, same script... memory should allocate same things
i know some of my rainmeter skin getting some data from internet such as weather...
is that what causing memory usage different each start up ?

anyway its not an issue, i don't want anyone missunderstand taking this as an issue with the rainmeter code
it is... well just personal curious :)