It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Does rainmeter apply theme to all user profiles?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
samarnold22

Does rainmeter apply theme to all user profiles?

Post by samarnold22 »

Hi,

I am very new to Rainmeter and I really want to have a customised theme for my computer and eventually want to design my own.

I have been doing a little research online on Rainmeter and I just wondered if once I had a installed a theme or create a theme on my account (administrator) would any other user profile created after this use the same theme? This is what I want to happen.

If this is not the case, is there any way to change the settings so this happens?

I dont know if this is possible, and any help/suggestions/opinions would be great.

Thanks in advanced.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Does rainmeter apply theme to all user profiles?

Post by Kaelri »

On a normal installation, Rainmeter saves both skins and themes on a per-user basis. Unless you install third-party plugins or addons (which are the two things that go in the Program Files folder), changes you make on your account will not affect other accounts, and vice versa.

You can change this by installing Rainmeter as a "portable" application in Program Files, which will make skins and themes be stored there. I would just make sure that each account is using the same screen resolution and work area settings, or else the theme will get jumbled as people switch accounts.
samarnold22

Post by samarnold22 »

Thanks for quick reply, it was helpful.

I'm looking to change my windows UI and ideally I will be the one to design it. Unfortunately I have limited experience with coding/programming and therefore I am looking to use software/sites/forums etc...to help me! I know this is going to be a very long process, but is a project I am very keen to complete and am excited about learning!
I have looked at the skins available on the web for rainmeter and the results look amazing!

I do however want my UI to be complete as possible. The best way to describe it (without sounding ridiculous) is to say that I want to redesign Windows UI for my machine!!! Even down to the start menu and its icons!

In regards to my last post, I guess a better way of saying it is would rain meter allow/provide a user like me the ability to execute this level of change?

If not is there anything else you can recommend? Thank you in advance.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

You can use Rainmeter as part of this change. By itself, Rainmeter does not have the kind of features that you would need. Basically, we do desktop gadgets. A huge variety of desktop gadgets, with deep levels of aesthetic and functional flexibility, but gadgets nonetheless. Many users put a lot of work into making Rainmeter and other software blend seamlessly together in order to create the impression of a single cohesive interface.

If you want to change the Windows "shell" - meaning the taskbar, start menu, and other integral elements of the Windows UI - you can use "shell replacement" software, such as LiteStep or Emerge Desktop. If you want to completely replace the taskbar with a more Mac-like "dock," you can use something like Rocketdock or ObjectDock. And I'm sure there are plenty of utilities for changing file icons and the like. There's a well-established community of Windows customizers; I'm sure a little Googling will find you what you need. :)
samarnold22

Post by samarnold22 »

Thank you and that is really helpful! :)