It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:31 am

Is this possible? Rainmeter "Notification Bar" and "IRC"?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
wauterboi

Is this possible? Rainmeter "Notification Bar" and "IRC"?

Post by wauterboi »

I was fooling around pouring my brains out onto Photoshop and came up with this:

Not that I'd be able to actually do that, but is this possible in Rainmeter?
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Is this possible? Rainmeter "Notification Bar" and "IRC"

Post by Kaelri »

The notification bar is (mostly) doable. Facebook's notification feed doesn't offer much besides a straight list of updates with corresponding URLs, so you can't format it much (e.g. bolding the name, like you've done in the mockup). But showing the latest update is easy. You could probably even have the bar jump on top of your other windows when outstanding notifications are present.

The IRC thing is a lot tricker. I was actually working on a skin, a while back, which showed an updating display of the last few lines of a plaintext log, such as one produced by mIRC or Trillian. Sending messages wasn't possible, however, and in any case it was only acting as the frontend to another full-fledged application, rather than providing any real functionality through Rainmeter itself. That said, IRC is simple enough that a really dedicated programmer could probably write a plugin to handle the most basic features of an IRC client without any separate software.
wauterboi

Post by wauterboi »

Well, is it possible for it to pop-up on multiple events? I'm thinking of the Android notification bar where it pops up when something happens, i.e. "omg there's an update!" or "omg someone mentioned you!" or "omg you got a message!"

I'm not saying it should support all that, but would it be possible for it pop up for things like messages, FB mentions, and what not? :P
BishyT

Post by BishyT »

I don't know about the notification bar (as i'm new to Rainmeter), but I do know that having that HDD Space meter (i'm assuming that's what it is) on your taskbar is going to be quite annoying for you.

If you set it to "topmost", it'll disappear behind the taskbar every time you click on a taskbar icon or on the start button, and will require refreshing. If you set it onto "stay topmost" to avoid that, it'll end up staying on screen regardless of whether you're playing a game or watching a movie/youtube video on fullscreen.