It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:39 am

I need help customizing!

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Misbelief

I need help customizing!

Post by Misbelief »

This is my desktop right now: http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/Misbelief/Untitled-5.png

And I need help on these:
-finding a dock to match the theme
-changing the icon pictures
-and changing the weather to my current location.
Seahorse

Re: I need help customizing!

Post by Seahorse »

• Search for the first one.
  • Right click the skin and select "Edit Skin", you should then see the names & path to the icons which you can then go about replacing with something you like.
  • Right click the skin and select "Edit Skin", there should be instructions there about how to change location.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Misbelief

Post by Misbelief »

-I was talking about the icons on your screen such as iTunes or Google Chrome. o-o
-There isn't any instructions in the 'edit skin' part.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

If you post the code for the weather skin someone will be more than happy to show you how to go about figuring out setting your location.

DeviantArt and Customize.org are your best options for finding more skins.

This forum is really for Rainmeter specifically. If you would like to customize your windows desktop, there are hundreds upon hundreds of sites that show you how to change icons. the easiest way though really is to right click on the icon in question, select properties and in the "General" tab there is usually an option to change the icon...
Misbelief

Post by Misbelief »

Umm... weather code?
Sorry, I just started this this morning.
I'm surprised I even got this far.
Misbelief

Post by Misbelief »

Its the weather-light.ini from Circuitous if that helps...
jonathan810

Post by jonathan810 »

hi there, im new to rainmeter and i also have a question with icons, how do i chance the icon picture the the browser launch cause the default one is firefox. i've managed to get the location and chrome to launch properly, but rainmeter cant find the icon? (ive specified the location of the image, yet nothing happens?)

am i blind and missing something or is there another way to do this?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Misbelief wrote:Its the weather-light.ini from Circuitous if that helps...
Have a read through this thread.
jonathan810 wrote:hi there, im new to rainmeter and i also have a question with icons, how do i chance the icon picture the the browser launch cause the default one is firefox. i've managed to get the location and chrome to launch properly, but rainmeter cant find the icon? (ive specified the location of the image, yet nothing happens?)

am i blind and missing something or is there another way to do this?
Without seeing the skin it's hard to be exact, though I suspect the answer is as follows:

Browse to Documents\Rainmeter\Sins\SKINNAME\LUNCHERFOLDER

See if there is only a Firefox image there or additional ones, make a note of the path (or simply leave windows explorer open), there might be an images subfolder, check that too. If you fine Firefox/IE/Chrome etc, pretty much there, if not drop a copy of the image you actually want to use there and give it a sensible name.

Switch to the skin,, right click & select "Edit skin" and located the line that currently shows Firefox.jpg (or whatever) and change this to the name of your new icon i.e. Chrome.jpg. Save and exit notepad.

Right click skin & refresh, should be sorted... ;)
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt