It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:02 pm

Can't install skins with .rmskin-files

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
matias

Can't install skins with .rmskin-files

Post by matias »

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Rainmeter and now I'm having problems installing new skins. Yes, I have read the FAQ. I have also tried Google and searched this forum to get help without success.

When I try to install a new skin, like ABP or Omnimo, with a .rmskin-file, I get this error:

"Error: SkinPath not found in Rainmeter.ini.
Make sure that Rainmeter has been run at least once."

I have installed Enigma with a .rmskin-file and SUPERCOLOSSAL manually (without a .rmskin-file). I don't really know where the problem could be.

Thanks.
codybear

Re: Can't install skins with .rmskin-files

Post by codybear »

Have you ran rainmeter atleast once? :D
If so, maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling rainmeter... or how about have you rebooted your PC since installing rainmeter? I don't know if you have tried these things yet or not, if so, then please kindly dis-reguard my post.
tfmemory

Post by tfmemory »

Hi, I have a problem, too.
When I install skins with .rmskin-files, nothing happened.
And the skin folders were empty.
Now I can only use default skins installed with rainmeter.
Can anyone tell me what to do?
Thank so much.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Where is your Rainmeter.ini file located at? Check "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter" and "%APPDATA%\Rainmeter". If you have one in both places, delete the one without SkinPath=.
matias

Post by matias »

codybear wrote:Have you ran rainmeter atleast once? :D
If so, maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling rainmeter... or how about have you rebooted your PC since installing rainmeter? I don't know if you have tried these things yet or not, if so, then please kindly dis-reguard my post.
Yes, I have. :D I have also reinstalled Rainmeter without success.
poiru wrote:Where is your Rainmeter.ini file located at? Check "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter" and "%APPDATA%\Rainmeter". If you have one in both places, delete the one without SkinPath=.
It's located only at "%APPDATA%\Rainmeter". It has the SkinPath= in it.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
windowns

Post by windowns »

i too an having this problem. i even uninstalled my old verions, reinstalled 2.0, rebooted, and multiple variations thereof too. I also checked for rainmeter.init and it's in my approot directory. Created the directory in my documents folder. Added the illustro skins in there too. Those work fine, it's just that i can't install gnometer on this computer at all. i still have my OLD skins folder from backup and that loads just fine, but i'd really like to use the new gnometer skins. I just can't install it.

Any ideas?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

windowns wrote:i too an having this problem. i even uninstalled my old verions, reinstalled 2.0, rebooted, and multiple variations thereof too. I also checked for rainmeter.init and it's in my approot directory. Created the directory in my documents folder. Added the illustro skins in there too. Those work fine, it's just that i can't install gnometer on this computer at all. i still have my OLD skins folder from backup and that loads just fine, but i'd really like to use the new gnometer skins. I just can't install it.

Any ideas?
The next release of Rainmeter 2.1 beta (will be released later today) will hopefully fix this issue.