It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:29 am

RainRGB 4.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

RainRGB 4.0

Post by jsmorley »

RainRGB4 can be used to provide a color selector (with an eyedrop picker tool) for skin authors. With this you can have the users of your skins select colors for any FontColor / ImageTint / BarColor or any other skin color option, and RainRGB4 will write the appropriate variables in a .ini skin or .inc include file and refresh the skin(s).

Please read the included Readme.txt for usage instructions.

Download RainRGB4

To get RainRGB4, download and install the following example .rmskin. RainRGB4.exe and Readme.txt will be installed in the @Resources\Addons folder in the RainRGBExample skin. It can then be copied or moved to a folder in the @Resources folder in your skins when you want to use and distribute it.
RainRGBExample_4.7.rmskin
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 8020 times
Example skin

The RainRGBExample skin that is installed by the .rmskin above demonstrates how you can use RainRGB4 to change colors for different parts of a skin. Tear this skin apart to get familiar with how you might use it.
01.jpg
02.jpg

RainRGB4.exe
MD5 - 3612d6168b8c5f7c5eeea57d22e916d3
SHA1 - 39c43a417616d61d24f376a64fd4404427944830
CRC32 - d0d50f21
SHA-256 - e4814bac41a57772534536f484bf0d527a555a3c22b53f70c92e35ca664f1cfb
SHA-512 - a8a47297498591995eb3918743537d735384b1ac661b651821bfa8b6eb907dd1af0d56282cf4a4b7a7b5176d7ba53f36a966fd5450883485b2fc769510b12622
SHA-384 - 19e0360eebe2c59ef77a0fa32110347697a361d05b5a1691cc51053b8f83b17f2053c1282a417e5f2aaa1af3f273dcdc
iron2000

Re: RainRGB 3.0

Post by iron2000 »

Since is about RainRGB, I guess its alright to post here.

Anyway the question is, is there anyway to get the "RefreshConfig" parameter to recieve more then one config?
I'm trying to refresh 2.

I tried

Code: Select all

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname"][!RainmeterRefresh "Configname\Configname2"]
and

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname | Configname\Configname2"]
But both don't work.

I'm trying to keep my config from refreshing all running configs.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

The way it is written it either refreshes one config or all. Did you try this:

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname"][!RainmeterRefresh "Configname\Configname2"]

With the SomeAction= in Configname2 and not Configname? Have not tested yet, but sorta seems like that should work...
iron2000

Post by iron2000 »

Ok since you said its only one or all then it should be not possible.

Anyway tried

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname\Configname2"][!RainmeterRefresh "Configname"]
and

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname2"][!RainmeterRefresh "Configname"]
Both didn't work as I would have wanted.

For the first one, on triggering the action and selecting color only Configname\Configname2 changes.
Configname only changes on a second click.

What I was aiming for is on action trigger and select color, both configs change at the same time.
Perhaps I should divide the !RainmeterRefresh to an 'Apply changes' button then.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

It certainly doesn't seem to like having a RainRGB call and a separate !RainmeterRefresh Config in the same !Execute statement. I suspect they are stepping on each other, as RainRGB is sending the bang via Rainmeter.exe and the !RainmeterRefresh is doing it via the running process in memory.

I'll take a look later today at changing RainRGB to allow "RefreshConfig=config1 | config2 | config3" or something along those lines.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

iron2000,

Could you test this before I update the download in the first post of this thread? Make sure it does what you want.
RainRGB3.zip
(492.45 KiB) Downloaded 1637 times
Just replace the RainRGB.exe you are using now in Rainmeter\Addons\RainRGB. You may want to back up the old one just in case.

I have changed the program and the docs to support this:

; RefreshConfig OPTIONAL
; This is the name(s) of the Rainmeter config (ex: Enigma\Sidebar) you wish to refresh after the variable has been set.
; If this entire parameter is left off, all currently loaded configs will be refreshed. You may specify multiple configs
; to refesh by using " | " as a separator. Example: "RefreshConfig=JSMorley\JSClock | JSMorley\JSWeather". The spaces
; before and after the "pipe" character are required.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

iron2000 wrote:Ok since you said its only one or all then it should be not possible.

Anyway tried

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname\Configname2"][!RainmeterRefresh "Configname"]
and

SomeAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=Configname2"][!RainmeterRefresh "Configname"]
Both didn't work as I would have wanted.

For the first one, on triggering the action and selecting color only Configname\Configname2 changes.
Configname only changes on a second click.

What I was aiming for is on action trigger and select color, both configs change at the same time.
Perhaps I should divide the !RainmeterRefresh to an 'Apply changes' button then.
I just set "RefreshConfig=NULL", then use a seperate action to refresh the whole skin(s) when all the color changes are made. Maybe you can apply the same idea to the 2 Configs ur looking 2 refresh??

LeftMouseUpAction=#!E# [PLAY #RsrcPath#ClickMe.wav] ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=^TimeSC2" "FileName=#incPath#" "RefreshConfig=NULL"]
Last edited by GHOST® on June 11th, 2011, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I just set "RefreshConfig=NULL", then refresh the whole skin when all the color changes are made. Maybe you can apply the same idea to the 2 Configs ur looking 2 refresh??

Yeah, while you can tell RainRGB not to refresh anything and do it manually, that isn't what he is looking for. I think the changes I made should take care of what he wants.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

jsmorley wrote:I just set "RefreshConfig=NULL", then refresh the whole skin when all the color changes are made. Maybe you can apply the same idea to the 2 Configs ur looking 2 refresh??

Yeah, while you can tell RainRGB not to refresh anything and do it manually, that isn't what he is looking for. I think the changes I made should take care of what he wants.
Damn ur fast @ replies!! ;o) Aye, I figured he wanted more, just tossing it out there since it was similiar to what he wanted. :)

Not sure if u were aware of this ability in RainRGB, but I also tried useing this fine addon of Urs to set the alpha levels of my Solid Colors via the Hex Input window, and strangely enough, it works!! :oD

Anyways, I"ll retreat back into the Ether now. Thanks again for RainRGB!!
iron2000

Post by iron2000 »

jsmorley wrote:iron2000,

Could you test this before I update the download in the first post of this thread? Make sure it does what you want.
RainRGB3.zip
Just replace the RainRGB.exe you are using now in Rainmeter\Addons\RainRGB. You may want to back up the old one just in case.

I have changed the program and the docs to support this:

; RefreshConfig OPTIONAL
; This is the name(s) of the Rainmeter config (ex: Enigma\Sidebar) you wish to refresh after the variable has been set.
; If this entire parameter is left off, all currently loaded configs will be refreshed. You may specify multiple configs
; to refesh by using " | " as a separator. Example: "RefreshConfig=JSMorley\JSClock | JSMorley\JSWeather". The spaces
; before and after the "pipe" character are required.
Tested and it works just like I wanted!
Thanks!