It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:04 am

Suggestion !

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Suggestion !

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:@ Morely-Sama.

Now all we have to do is shrink it down and make Smiley of it.

GM was kind enough to make a smiley of "the Sarge" once, although I can not immediately find it :(

:D
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

jsmorley wrote: Nothing like that in PHPBB without a major, code changing mod.

However there is a feature that you have turned off (maybe because of a limitation of the "Saphic" theme)

PHPBB has a thing called "topic icons" which are like "smilies" but are shown at the left of the topic subject line when viewing the forums.

You choose them as part of creating the post, like this:

and it shows in the list of messages like this:

We can set it up with only two of these icons, one for an active problem and one for a solved problem. Then the owner, moderator, or admin can just change the icon on the first post in a thread from active to solved and done...

P.S. Can we PLEASE use the smilies from my site? See how much nicer they look? ;-)
Apologies for the massive quote.

I just checked the API control and apparently the Icons should be active for all posts.

I checked some of teh forum, and found that you can indeed post with the icon in some, but not all areas.

Some sort of Flaw?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

A lot of things can be set at an individual "forum" level. Some may have it enable and others not...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I just tried in every "forum" and I never have the ability to set a "topic icon" in any of the areas.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Interesting.

As far as I can tell, this option was enabled at the time of the forum creation, and apparently it has been set to each group (except for the BOT group)

I will keep looking.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Most interesting.

Apparently all forums are set the same to all user groups except the BOT group
Screenshot - 6_26_2009 , 2_09_31 PM.jpg
The following is my only verified location, and I have Admin Privies :shock:
Screenshot - 6_26_2009 , 2_16_26 PM.jpg
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, I of course can't post in Board Announcements and never get the Topic Icon ability in any of the forums I can post in.

It's something with permissions which can be a bit tricky and convoluted in PHPBB. A lot depends on how you implemented things. You can have permissions at the board, group, rank, user, forum and topic levels, or any combination of... So it can be hard to debug...
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Agreed.

The image was just a quick example.

the documentation is slim, but somewhat complicated.

I will see what I can do.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:Agreed.

The image was just a quick example.

the documentation is slim, but somewhat complicated.

I will see what I can do.
No doubt the horse is already out of the barn here, but for future reference what I did on my system was to make EVERYTHING security / permission related at the "Group" level and stayed away from changing permissions at any other level. Makes it easy for me to turn things on and off, debug problems etc. So the admin is a member of the group "Administrators" and has a certain setup, Members of our organization are part of the group "Members" and so on... Then in "forums" I just set which "group" can see a particular area and that's it. Other than that, everyone has exactly the same permissions except Admin.
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Post by GhostMatrix »

@ jsmorley

Way way too cool 8-)

GhostMatrix who don't know on which Droplet he will work today (the first one) :lol:

Thanks !! :)
GM was kind enough to make a smiley of "the Sarge" once, although I can not immediately find it :(
It was for my Firefox Foxclocks extensions ... http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=208&start=15

but it a small Png image not a Gif one. ;)
Sgt.png
GM
Rainmeter_Forum_smilies.png
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1