It is currently October 16th, 2024, 12:20 am

New Dark Mode toggle

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New Dark Mode toggle

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: October 8th, 2024, 5:16 pm Note for (2): duplicating a tab where the page is on Dark Mode will result in the page from the duplicate be on Light Mode initially.
Yeah, does that on Microsoft Edge as well. It is my understanding that the "state" is maintained with a cookie, perhaps duplicating the tab doesn't carry over the cookie right away. Dunno.

It only happens when you first set the state, so to be honest, I don't much care. If you set it to dark, close your browser, or even just leave the site, come back, duplicate the tab, it is correct.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New Dark Mode toggle

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: October 8th, 2024, 5:22 pm Yeah, does that on Microsoft Edge as well. It is my understanding that the "state" is maintained with a cookie, perhaps duplicating the tab doesn't carry over the cookie right away. Dunno.
Yes, that's my understanding too. Might be "normal" in a way, since duplicating a tab will not reload the page at all. If you reload the duplicate, the mode will be set to the correct Dark Mode (so basically the same technique as before, except done in the duplicate tab).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth