It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:08 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 3:32 pm Not to nitpick, but the name of the skin and the name of the config are not necessary identical. I'm sure (or even better I know for sure) you know this, so I'm telling this just for those who don't know.
Sure thing, thanks for pointing it out. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
ConnertheCat

Post by ConnertheCat »

This may have started yesterday; if not today - looks like the Sonder weather skin is throwing constant errors to the rainmeter log (so many that it was causing system slow down):

Error 20:20:37:.420 Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%S (Sonder\Weather\WeatherTemp-Hourly.ini - [@HourlyTimeHour12])
Error 20:20:37:.410 Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%S (Sonder\Weather\WeatherTemp-Hourly.ini - [@HourlyTimeHour11])
Error 20:20:37:.400 Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%S (Sonder\Weather\WeatherTemp-Hourly.ini - [@HourlyTimeHour10])

etc…

Tried a few different Sonder weather widgets; they all have the issue. I tried downgrading from Rainmeter 4.5.19 back to 4.5.18; no change (just to rule it out). Any thoughts as to what is going on with this?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ConnertheCat wrote: August 15th, 2024, 12:26 am This may have started yesterday; if not today - looks like the Sonder weather skin is throwing constant errors to the rainmeter log (so many that it was causing system slow down):

Error 20:20:37:.420 Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%S (Sonder\Weather\WeatherTemp-Hourly.ini - [@HourlyTimeHour12])
Error 20:20:37:.410 Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%S (Sonder\Weather\WeatherTemp-Hourly.ini - [@HourlyTimeHour11])
Error 20:20:37:.400 Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%S (Sonder\Weather\WeatherTemp-Hourly.ini - [@HourlyTimeHour10])

etc…

Tried a few different Sonder weather widgets; they all have the issue. I tried downgrading from Rainmeter 4.5.19 back to 4.5.18; no change (just to rule it out). Any thoughts as to what is going on with this?
I'm betting that you have an old API key.

Try going to Documents/Rainmeter/Skins/Sonder/@ Resources

Edit Variables.inc

Change the line APIKey= to:

APIKey=71f92ea9dd2f4790b92ea9dd2f779061

Save and refresh the skin. Any help?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Another possible solution I found on deviantArt is:
Just here to provide an easy summary of what currently fixes the broken weather.

Go to your Documents/Rainmeter/Skins/Sonder/@ Resources

Open the Variables.inc file with Editor

Scroll down to the Weather section

Change AutoDetectLocation and AutoLatLong to the value 0 (i also deleted whatever entry was behind AutoDetectCity but not sure if needed)

Get your coordinates from mapcoordinates.net and enter them into the text file at Latitude and Longitude (the section right below the stuff we just changed)

If you will never change your settings again, better change the Variables.inc file to "Read-Only" else it is possible that something breaks again.

The widget broke for me again when i entered the coordinates like this "xx.xxxxx", it worked with them being written as "xx.xx". Might be a coincidence but if you still run into problems maybe try that.
ConnertheCat

Post by ConnertheCat »

jsmorley wrote: August 15th, 2024, 12:42 am Another possible solution I found on deviantArt is:
Already had the API Key; but it looks like adding my location details resolved it (the other settings were already 0?). Thank you, wouldn't have found that fix. :)
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

The Location Finder doesn't seem to be pulling anything back when I type in a US major city. This is happening on 2 machines, Win11 and Server 2016 on Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64. Is there a fix for location finder not working or work around to find or hard code in a location for the weather app?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

NismoZ wrote: August 28th, 2024, 12:26 pm The Location Finder doesn't seem to be pulling anything back when I type in a US major city. This is happening on 2 machines, Win11 and Server 2016 on Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64. Is there a fix for location finder not working or work around to find or hard code in a location for the weather app?
The answer is yes for both of your questions.

The fix:
- use the current API key for weather.com, like here (that's for the HWiNFO version of Rainformer, so adapt the advice for your AIDA64 one)
- change the value of the UsrAgent variable in your [SkinsFolder]\RainformerAIDA64\@Resources\Variables.inc file to:

Code: Select all

UsrAgnt="#ROOTCONFIG#/3.2.0 (powered by Rainmeter)"
like mentioned by SilverAzide here

EDIT: On the second point, it's actually best to directly change the UserAgent=#UsrAgnt# option in the [MeasureLocations] measure from the [SkinsFolder]\RainformerAIDA64\Weather\LocationFinder\LocationFinder.ini file to:

Code: Select all

UserAgent="#ROOTCONFIG#/3.2.0 (powered by Rainmeter)"
since the above UsrAgnt variable is also used for the weather.com request in the suite's Weather skin, and that weather.com request works best with an user agent replicating a browser request. So, forget about changing the Variables.inc variable, do the equivalent change directly in the LocationFinder.ini file.

The hardcode:
- google your location and find its (decimal) geocode on Wikipedia, by clicking on that location's Coordinates on the right panel from the page, then change the value of the Latitude and Longitude variables from the same Variables.inc file above to your own

The preview after the fix, on my system, proving that it should work:
Rainformer Location Finder.jpg
Other than that, this should have probably been asked on the Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64 Edition's thread, so that others using that skin and potentially having the same problem could benefit from the above, but I guess it's fine in this thread too, given that all kinds of weather skin issues are mentioned here anyway. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Yincognito beat me. As can be seen there are more variations of the UserAgent you can use. Choose the one you like.
NismoZ wrote: August 28th, 2024, 12:26 pm The Location Finder doesn't seem to be pulling anything back when I type in a US major city. This is happening on 2 machines, Win11 and Server 2016 on Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64. Is there a fix for location finder not working or work around to find or hard code in a location for the weather app?
Open the RainformerHWi\@Resources\Variables.inc file, look for the UsrAgnt variable and replace it by UsrAgnt=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36 Edg/92.0.902.84.
Don't forget to refresh the skin.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 28th, 2024, 2:42 pmAs can be seen there are more variations of the UserAgent you can use.
I've edited my previous reply to avoid using the same user agent variable for both weather.com and nominatim.com, since these two prefer different types of values for the user agent header in their requests.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 28th, 2024, 3:09 pm I've edited my previous reply to avoid using the same user agent variable for both weather.com and nominatim.com, since these two prefer different types of values for the user agent header in their requests.
Don't know over time, but right now at least, the weather.com seems to be working even with no UserAgent defined. Nominatim.com doesn't, but weather.com does.