It is currently June 28th, 2024, 3:57 am

[!Refreshapp] when skin loaded?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sl23

Re: [!Refreshapp] when skin loaded?

Post by sl23 »

I changed the ID at top and replaced all #@#Addons to #CURRENTPATH# just for easier setup.
Seems ok, was a bit jittery on first run, but will keep checking it out. Thank you :thumbup:

Aw ok, do you know why it isn't writing the variable though? :oops:

EDIT: Keeps resetting to zero randomly. Why the high Timeout setting? Is that necessary?
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 5:51 pm Seems ok, was a bit jittery on first run, but will keep checking it out. Thank you :thumbup:
Aw ok, do you know why it isn't writing the variable though? :oops:
Keeps resetting to zero randomly. Why the high Timeout setting? Is that necessary?
It isn't jittery for me at all, but it will change volume slower on scroll since it needs time to run svcl.exe.
Writing what variable? And where? I don't write anything to physical files if that's what you mean.
Doesn't reset to 0 for me at all, works perfectly. You can adjust the Timeout, if you really want to - I use the same 10 seconds for all my RunCommand codes.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I meant in my skin. :D Never had a skin not write a variable to the ini before.

It has settled a little for some reason, but it just goes to zero for 2 or 3 seconds after a few minutes of being active.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 6:09 pm I meant in my skin. :D Never had a skin not write a variable to the ini before.
Oh, I see, well that's your skin. Me, I rarely do that, except when I need to store settings and such.
sl23 wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 6:09 pm It has settled a little for some reason, but it just goes to zero for 2 or 3 seconds after a few minutes of being active.
Are you still talking about your skin or mine? I don't know why that happens in yours, since as I said, for me this is how your last code here looks at load time, even after copying svcl.exe to the skin folder and changing the Mic variable to my "Realtek(R) Audio\Device\Headset Microphone\Capture":
MicOther.jpg
So basically, more or less, I can't work with your skin properly. If it matters, I'm on Win 10, I use the headphones' mic for testing, and the svcl.exe version 1.25 to do stuff. :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Haha, sorry, not making myself clear!
My skin for the variable writing, yours for the jitteryness and going to zero for few seconds.

Ah, that could be why then? I'm on Win11 latest updates. I think it has improved a lot since Win10. I had couple serious issues with Win10. Had to send a new laptop back cos of an update that wouldn't save FileAssociations! That was bloody annoying lol

Btw, the font for the icons is available in Win11, but Win10 requires you to install it I believe. And I have svcl v1.26

Ok, I'll leave you alone now, sorry for the harassment! Thank you again for your help. :thumbup:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 6:46 pmMy skin for the variable writing, yours for the jitteryness and going to zero for few seconds.
Yeah, well, my skin doesn't jitter or go to zero for me even after minutes of being active, while yours displays 0 right from when it's loaded. :confused:
sl23 wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 6:46 pmAh, that could be why then? I'm on Win11 latest updates. I think it has improved a lot since Win10. I had couple serious issues with Win10. Had to send a new laptop back cos of an update that wouldn't save FileAssociations! That was bloody annoying lol
If I knew what the issue was, I would have corrected it already, but as you could see, the RunCommand measures are mostly the same for both my skin and yours, so one of the few explanations would be that the behavior of the tools is system / device / version dependent. Regarding Win 10 vs Win 11, I think the complete opposite, albeit without trying the latter - Win 10 is installed since 2021 on my laptop and never had an issue (the file associations thing was dealt with right after installing).
sl23 wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 6:46 pmOk, I'll leave you alone now, sorry for the harassment! Thank you again for your help. :thumbup:
You're welcome, I did all that I could (3 full codes until now, 1 for PS and 2 for NirSoft). The rest is for you to figure out / adjust / try, or maybe someone else wants to advise you further on this, I don't know. :???:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

You'd know what the issue is likely to be more than me ;-)

I know you have put a lot of time and effort into helping with this, I really do appreciate your efforts. :rosegift:

I'll try figuring the rest out, if not I'll just stick with what I have. :welcome:
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Just thought I'd post a screenshot of my skin working :)

Blue bar is Mic Input.
Orange is Line In.
sshot-001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry for bein' a pita!

I'm getting an error on every scroll now for some reason, I thought it was all working, haven't toughed anything so don't know why this is happening.

When I scroll either Line or Mic, I get a Formula error which increases with each scroll adjustment:

Code: Select all

Formula: "#MicVol#" is unknown: (Clamp(#MicVol#-5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#MicVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp(#MicVol#-5,0,100))-5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#MicVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp((Clamp(#MicVol#-5,0,100))-5,0,100))+5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#LineVol#" is unknown: (Clamp(#LineVol#+5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#LineVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp(#LineVol#+5,0,100))-5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#LineVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp((Clamp(#LineVol#+5,0,100))-5,0,100))+5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Everything adjusts ok, but only scrolling gives errors.
The entire Mic skin has been added to my Launcher skin, but the original Mic skin is exactly the same regarding performance and errors.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 25th, 2024, 9:36 am Sorry for bein' a pita!

I'm getting an error on every scroll now for some reason, I thought it was all working, haven't toughed anything so don't know why this is happening.

When I scroll either Line or Mic, I get a Formula error which increases with each scroll adjustment:

Code: Select all

Formula: "#MicVol#" is unknown: (Clamp(#MicVol#-5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#MicVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp(#MicVol#-5,0,100))-5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)Formula: "#MicVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp((Clamp(#MicVol#-5,0,100))-5,0,100))+5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#LineVol#" is unknown: (Clamp(#LineVol#+5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#LineVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp(#LineVol#+5,0,100))-5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Formula: "#LineVol#" is unknown: (Clamp((Clamp((Clamp(#LineVol#+5,0,100))-5,0,100))+5,0,100)) (RM\Launcher\Launcher 4.ini)
Everything adjusts ok, but only scrolling gives errors.
The entire Mic skin has been added to my Launcher skin, but the original Mic skin is exactly the same regarding performance and errors.
Generally speaking, this kind of errors are thrown when the related variables are not assigned an actual value so that formula is numeric and makes sense. In such a case, since the variable doesn't have a value (yet?), its reference is replaced with its literal string, instead of a numeric value, hence the error.