It is currently May 19th, 2024, 10:34 pm

Path to Icons

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
pdparisi

Path to Icons

Post by pdparisi »

Is there a way to set a default path for icons in a skin?

I have a skin that I tried hard coding the path in settings.ini. Here is what I have in settings.ini:

Code: Select all

Icon1=#@#C:\Users\User\OneDrive - Company\Resources\Icons\Icons in Use\drive-slim-raid-4disks.ico
I get the following error message:

ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\User\OneDrive Company\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Silmeria Dock\@Resources\Icons\Icons in Use\drive-slim-raid-4disks.ico (Silmeria Dock\TopDock.ini)
Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Paul.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Path to Icons

Post by balala »

It's normal you get this error message, because the given path doesn't exist for sure. It is mistaken, because the #@# variable, given at the beginning of the Icon1 variable indicates the @Resources folder. But the explicitly written path is starting from the root of the C: drive and these two things are in conflict.
So two recommendations:
  • Add the exact and correct path to the Icon1 variable. If you have the .ico file into the @Resources folder, begin the path with the #@# variable and add the path after it (for instance this path may by this: #@#Icons\Icons in Use\drive-slim-raid-4disks.ico).
  • If the above fixes the issue and you get the variable indicating the proper path, it's ok. Otherwise try moving the whole Skins folder outside of the OneDrive folder (if it indeed is in this folder - however I am not entirely sure), because over time have been reported issues when the skins are stored into an OneDrive location. Most probably the best place for skins is the default place. If you don't really know how to move the Skins folder, let me know, for detailed instructions.
Did you get the icon working with most probably the first recommendation above?
pdparisi

Post by pdparisi »

Thanks so much for your help!

The icons are not in the @Resources folder, and I don't want to move them there.

The location I have for my icons is in the folder:

C:\Users\User\OneDrive - Company\Resources\Icons\Icons in Use\
As far as OneDrive - I have these files set to always be on the machine. I did try it on a non-OneDrive location and saw the same issue. I just really want to be able to specify my own path to the icons.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

pdparisi wrote: May 8th, 2024, 8:24 pm The icons are not in the @Resources folder, and I don't want to move them there.

The location I have for my icons is in the folder:

C:\Users\User\OneDrive - Company\Resources\Icons\Icons in Use\
Alright, try this: Icon1=C:\Users\User\OneDrive - Company\Resources\Icons\Icons in Use\drive-slim-raid-4disks.ico. This is the same path as the one you had before, I just removed the not-needed #@# variable. Does this work?
pdparisi

Post by pdparisi »

That did it!

Removed the #@# allowed me to use an absolute path!

Thank you so much!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

pdparisi wrote: May 8th, 2024, 9:15 pm That did it!

Removed the #@# allowed me to use an absolute path!

Thank you so much!
You're welcome. :thumbup: