It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:32 pm

RainMeter doesn't show minimised, so how about this little trick?

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
RainDojo

RainMeter doesn't show minimised, so how about this little trick?

Post by RainDojo »

I got into RM a few months ago after seeing a cool Win10 theme come up on YouTube. I'm stuck on Win10 so I'm happy to spend time making it look better. I admit I need to find time to learn RM but I'm not doing too badly thanks to help from you guys.

Anyway, one thing I found a pain with RainMeter is that if you hide your Taskbar you're fkd because RainMeter doesn't show minimised programs/windows. To get around this I thought to use Nexus simply for it's ability to completely hide the taskbar but show what's minimised and system tray stuff (no need for a dock full of icons).
I did this by choosing the settings in Nexus and replacing the repeatable background image in the Nexus theme to match my RainMeter skin. I then simply dragged Nexus down to my RainMeter skin (at the bottom of my screen) and it works great. I thought this might be of interest.

- The bit in the red border is Nexus, the rest is RainMeter:
Screenshot_5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainMeter doesn't show minimised, so how about this little trick?

Post by Yincognito »

RainDojo wrote: March 25th, 2024, 1:27 am Anyway, one thing I found a pain with RainMeter is that if you hide your Taskbar you're fkd because RainMeter doesn't show minimised programs/windows.
Assuming I understood what you meant by this, that only happens if you don't have a skin being active. If you do, you can always right click on it (CTRL + right click if your skin already uses right click for some other action) and access pretty much everything Rainmeter related from the skin's context menu. If such a skin is set to Stay Topmost, then you'll have that possibility at all times too.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RainDojo

Post by RainDojo »

No, that's not what I meant. Take a look at this for an example:
Screenshot_2.png
On the left I have a RainMeter skin showing my version of a Start button, search, internet and email. To it's right I am using Nexus to show me what's running (Illustrator, Explorer, Chrome, etc). I do this because RainMeter doesn't have a way of letting you know what has been minimised, as such I found myself launching Chrome when it was already running. Using Nexus in this way solves the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RainDojo wrote: March 27th, 2024, 9:28 pm No, that's not what I meant. Take a look at this for an example:

Screenshot_2.png

On the left I have a RainMeter skin showing my version of a Start button, search, internet and email. To it's right I am using Nexus to show me what's running (Illustrator, Explorer, Chrome, etc). I do this because RainMeter doesn't have a way of letting you know what has been minimised, as such I found myself launching Chrome when it was already running. Using Nexus in this way solves the problem.
Now I see. Yep, that's a good choice, indeed. :thumbup:

For the record, Rainmeter might not have ways to let you know if a window has been minimized, but AutoIt does - take a look at these:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=21785
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42450&start=20#p215590
Probably better to have Nexus handling this, but just to show you that it can be done. :D
RainDojo

Post by RainDojo »

The bonus with Nexus is it properly hides the Taskbar (no popping up). Thanks for the links though.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RainDojo wrote: March 28th, 2024, 10:46 am The bonus with Nexus is it properly hides the Taskbar (no popping up). Thanks for the links though.
Indeed. :thumbup: