It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:55 pm

Please fix the annoying bug of Menu opening automatically.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RainDojo

Please fix the annoying bug of Menu opening automatically.

Post by RainDojo »

Screenshot_4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cariboudjan

Re: Please fix the annoying bug of Menu opening automatically.

Post by Cariboudjan »

Right-click on the Rainmeter icon in the system tray, go to Edit Settings.

Find the section that matches the section name of that skin (Right-click on Ctrl+Right-click if you're not sure, the name will display in bold)

Within that section, add the line:

StartHidden=1

Save the file and restart/refresh Rainmeter.

FTFY - This is not a Rainmeter problem, you should go directly to the skin's author.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:38 pm FTFY - This is not a Rainmeter problem, you should go directly to the skin's author.
Is the original question related to a skin? Which skin, if this is the case? Not too much details in the question!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 24th, 2024, 8:33 pm Is the original question related to a skin? Which skin, if this is the case? Not too much details in the question!
Well, it's certainly not about a bug in Rainmeter itself, like Cariboudjan noticed, and the screenshot could represent a skin replicating the start menu (we're on a Rainmeter forum, after all, so it would make sense). Which skin or if that's the case, I have no idea either, but the thread - as much as scarce details were provided here - definitely didn't belong to the Bugs & Feature Suggestion section of the forum, where it was originally posted, so I moved it here instead.

Providing more details and have an intelligible post for the issue, on the other hand, is entirely up to the OP. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RainDojo

Post by RainDojo »

Sorry for my mistake, I thought it was a bug.

To give more info, I'm making my own Start menu with RainMeter. The Start menu opens when you click on the Windows icon in my RainMeter taskbar design. It works just fine except my Start menu is already open whenever I start my computer.

I'm trying to mimic normal Windows OS, ie the Start menu doesn't show until you've clicked the Windows button:
Screenshot_6.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RainDojo wrote: March 25th, 2024, 1:32 am Sorry for my mistake, I thought it was a bug.

To give more info, I'm making my own Start menu with RainMeter. The Start menu opens when you click on the Windows icon in my RainMeter taskbar design. It works just fine except my Start menu is already open whenever I start my computer.

I'm trying to mimic normal Windows OS, ie the Start menu doesn't show until you've clicked the Windows button:
Screenshot_6.png
Oh, now it's clear, thanks for clarifying it. One easy way to do this would be to add a Hidden=1 option to all your start menu meters, so that they are displayed hidden by default:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/#Hidden

Obviously, if you said that otherwise clicking on the Start button works fine to either show or hide the menu, I'm guessing those meters already have a Group option on them and you do use the !HideMeterGroup and !ShowMeterGroup bangs in the LeftMouseUpAction option of the start button meter to do it successfully:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/groups/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#MeterGroup
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/mouse-actions/#LeftMouseUpAction
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Add:

DefaultStartHidden=1

To the [Rainmeter] section of your start menu skin.

This will ensure both you and all other users who ever use this skin, the skin will always be hidden when it starts. Then use bangs in the Start Button (a different skin) hide and unhide the start menu.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Cariboudjan wrote: March 28th, 2024, 3:08 pm To the [Rainmeter] section of your start menu skin.
You think his start menu is a different skin than his taskbar? Hmm... could be, didn't think of that. :???:

So, to clarify, if the start menu and the taskbar parts belong to the same skin, then my advice earlier is suited.
If the start menu and the taskbar parts belong to two different skins, then the advice by Cariboudjan is suited.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

If they aren’t different skins I would highly recommend he make it that way.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Cariboudjan wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:37 pm If they aren’t different skins I would highly recommend he make it that way.
Indeed, I see what you mean - less hassle with positioning to begin with.