It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:17 am

Help: No Visualizer Plugin Works!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
KlanTheGamer

Help: No Visualizer Plugin Works!

Post by KlanTheGamer »

So I had several visualizer skins installed before but I never used them, so today I thought of giving my desktop a makeover so I loaded VisBubble, and it didn't work! BarExtrude.ini didn't appear at all, the other plugins appeared but didn't work. Then I tried the Robik Visualizer, but it didn't appear either. When I loaded the Monstercat visualizer however, Rainmeter crashed completely without any sort of error message!

I got rid of the crashing problem by renaming rainmeter.ini to rainmeter.ini.bak, and I reinstalled all the visualizer skins and tried again. Same result. I did a complete Rainmeter reinstallation and tried again. Same result. I disabled my antivirus and tried again. SAME RESULT. WHAT DO I DO?

FYI All the other plugins work completely fine, and my device drivers are up-to-date.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help: No Visualizer Plugin Works!

Post by balala »

KlanTheGamer wrote: March 16th, 2024, 5:24 am I did a complete Rainmeter reinstallation and tried again. Same result.
Did you try a Clean Uninstall of Rainmeter? Try following exactly the steps described there.
KlanTheGamer

Post by KlanTheGamer »

Did it... Still the same issue persists
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KlanTheGamer wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:35 am Did it... Still the same issue persists
Sorry no more ideas from my part at the moment. Maybe someone else?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Win 11 or 10?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
KlanTheGamer

Post by KlanTheGamer »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2024, 12:04 pm Win 11 or 10?
Windows 10 mate
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

This may help: Troubleshooting AudioLevel

Let us know if you are still having problems after going through those steps.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

KlanTheGamer wrote: March 16th, 2024, 12:11 pm Windows 10 mate
Just an update, besides the advice by eclectic-tech: didn't test Robik, but both VisBubble and Monstercat work for me without any issues (also Win 10). Just to eliminate other potential culprits, do the AudioLevel measures produce values in your About > Skins tab for, say, VisBubble (try with only VisBubble loaded, no other visualizers at the same time, and downloaded from this link's address - doesn't matter if it shows on the screen or not, those values should appear in the log)?
VisBubble.jpg
Also, for the record: VisBubble, Monstercat or Robik are (visualizer) skins, not plugins. AudioLevel and others are plugins, being used by the code in the said skins. Better to clarify this so that we're speaking about the same things and understand each other. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth