It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:09 am

weather widget can not be updated

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
allard

weather widget can not be updated

Post by allard »

Dear All,

my weather widget cant be updated so they can not work.
can you help me !

Thanks a lot
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: weather widget can not be updated

Post by balala »

allard wrote: March 9th, 2024, 7:25 am can you help me !
No, we can't, because you didn't say what skin (not widget!!!) are you using. Anyway in such cases most probably you are trying to use an outdated skin, which uses an old, not working anymore weather data provider. If this is right, the entire skin should be rewritten.
But anyway, for better advice, you should tell us what skin are you using. A skin name and a link where we can get it, would be useful.
allard

Post by allard »

Dear Sir,

First of all thanks for your reply. I approciate it a lot.
I dont use a skin only a widget. It name Elegant weather. But in fact I tried another widget but it is the same. Before I used Xwidget pro and I also used the same widget called Elegant weather and once I could not be able to update it. That s why I tried with rainmeter. But I was disappointed to see it doest work to.
So could you tell me if you know whats going on?

Thank you anyway
Best regards
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

allard wrote: March 12th, 2024, 2:23 pm That s why I tried with rainmeter. But I was disappointed to see it doest work to.
So could you tell me if you know whats going on?
A while ago the weather data provider used by many Rainmeter skins (however definitely not by all of them) has been deprecated. Accordingly weather skin authors had to start looking for another source. weather.com has became this widely used source (however not the only). But unfortunately not all skin authors rewrote their skins, there still are lot of skins out there which still are not working. In order to get the working again, their code should be rewritten, but usually their author should do this.
If you want to use a Rainmeter skin which is working for sure, you can look around in the Weather section of Share Your Creations. Most of skins uploaded there (if not all - still might be some which are not working, but very few, I hope) should work and do work. You can try them with no fear.
allard

Post by allard »

Thank you for your time and considération
Best regards
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

allard wrote: March 12th, 2024, 5:31 pm Thank you for your time and considération
Best regards
You're welcome. If you try out any of those skins and further questions arise, feel free to come back with them.