It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:59 pm

RainMeter Application Hidden

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
mcneilld27

RainMeter Application Hidden

Post by mcneilld27 »

I have just accidentally hidden all of my rain meter things and don't know how to get them to show again, how do I make them unhidden

Edit: was able to fix it just had to uninstall then reinstall the program
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainMeter Application Hidden

Post by balala »

mcneilld27 wrote: March 10th, 2024, 10:12 pm Edit: was able to fix it just had to uninstall then reinstall the program
Let's clarify few things: by hidden all of your "meter things", do you mean you did hide the meters of one skin, I assume. Is this right? Then to get them visible once again, did you uninstall and reinstall Rainmeter? Or the skin in cause? Because while reinstalling the skin might be good, reinstalling Rainmeter is completely but absolutely completely useless.
But not even the skin has to be reinstalled. But once again a question here: did you hide all meters of the skin or the skin itself? Because these are two different things and the "treatment" is different. In any case, if you hidden the meters for instance by adding Hidden=1 options to all of them, you have to remove these (or at least few of them) and refresh the skin. To refresh a not visible skin you can use the the Plugins -> RainLexer -> Refresh skin command in Notepad++, while the .ini file of the skin is open (if you are using Notepad++ to edit the code of the skin; many of other text editors have similar commands, however not quite all of them, as far as I can tell). Or another solution to refresh a skin, which works with any text editor, is to deactivate the skin, then reactivate it.
So, as you see there might be lot of different things to be taken into account. Accordingly you should give us additional info on what did you do.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainMeter Application Hidden

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 11th, 2024, 1:30 pm by hidden all of your "meter things"
I believe he meant "Rainmeter things", as in skins. The reinstall workaround might probably be the easiest / shortest solution to "reset stuff to default" in such a case, even for non beginners, as there can be a ton of ways one can accidentally "hide" either individual meters or entire skins (from invisible colors, to 0 sized fonts, to Hidden options and !Hide bangs, to various Rainmeter settings, etc). Just saying... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth