It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:04 am

Adding a small picture widget

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Dapperkevin

Adding a small picture widget

Post by Dapperkevin »

I am trying to add small pictures into the widgets photo but I don't know how to insert the photo folder into the photos widget
Link: https://www.deviantart.com/fediafedia/art/Big-Sur-RC1-for-Rainmeter-846882462
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Adding a small picture widget

Post by balala »

Dapperkevin wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 2:07 pm I am trying to add small pictures into the widgets photo but I don't know how to insert the photo folder into the photos widget
For first which is the "photo" widget? I see there is a Widgets folder under the BigSur (BigSur\Widgets), but it has lot of skins (not widget in correct Rainmeter terminology however - but obviously this is another story) and there is no skin called photo (or at least I couldn't identify it). So which skin exactly do you want to work with, to which one would you like to add the small picture (later we'll have to figure out what do you mean by "small picture" as well, but first let's figure out the skin)?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 7:51 pm For first which is the "photo" widget? I see there is a Widgets folder under the BigSur (BigSur\Widgets), but it has lot of skins (not widget in correct Rainmeter terminology however - but obviously this is another story) and there is no skin called photo (or at least I couldn't identify it). So which skin exactly do you want to work with, to which one would you like to add the small picture (later we'll have to figure out what do you mean by "small picture" as well, but first let's figure out the skin)?
I suppose he wants to add one or more "items" / "icons" (called "widgets" in Big Sur's terminology) to the existing ones there, so that he can launch other apps and such... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Dapperkevin wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 2:07 pm I am trying to add small pictures into the widgets photo but I don't know how to insert the photo folder into the photos widget
Link: https://www.deviantart.com/fediafedia/art/Big-Sur-RC1-for-Rainmeter-846882462
The "BigSur\Widget\Slideshow\item.ini" is controlled by a custom right click menu.
Right click the photo and select "Settings".
An internal menu will appear in the photo with several options.
Left click the top item "PicturesFolder" and then left click "Browse" at the bottom of the menu.

BigSurPhoto1.png
A search window will open and in which you can navigate to highlight your folder of pictures and click "Ok".

BigSurPhoto2.png
Then in the internal menu, left click the "check mark" to refresh and show the pictures from your selected folder.

The default images folder is located in "@Resources\Graphics\Slideshow"; you could add your photos to that folder to display along with the default images as an alternate option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 3:03 am The "BigSur\Widget\Slideshow\item.ini" is controlled by a custom right click menu.
Well, at least someone understood what the OP wanted in this case... :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 3:25 am Well, at least someone understood what the OP wanted in this case... :thumbup:
Maybe! :confused: We'll see if that is what the OP needed... :Whistle
Dapperkevin

Post by Dapperkevin »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 3:03 am The "BigSur\Widget\Slideshow\item.ini" is controlled by a custom right click menu.
Right click the photo and select "Settings".
An internal menu will appear in the photo with several options.
Left click the top item "PicturesFolder" and then left click "Browse" at the bottom of the menu.

BigSurPhoto1.png
A search window will open and in which you can navigate to highlight your folder of pictures and click "Ok".

BigSurPhoto2.png
Then in the internal menu, left click the "check mark" to refresh and show the pictures from your selected folder.

The default images folder is located in "@Resources\Graphics\Slideshow"; you could add your photos to that folder to display along with the default images as an alternate option.
After following your instructions, my photo folder after applying to this widget doesn't show anything.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

It works fine if you selected a folder with images in it. ;-)

Try selecting your Windows "Pictures" folder and see if any of those images are displayed.

What type of images are you trying to display? Are they located in subfolders? There are other options in that internal menu to control subfolders search, image perspective, timing, etc. you can change but they shouldn't affect displaying an image.

It works for me so I can't suggest much else... :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

After reading Yincognito's and eclectic-tech's replies, the answer, slightly slightly has started to become clear. This way the solution has started to take shape, however there is something which everyone who are asking for help should take into account. Just to help us to can easier help.