It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:52 pm

Rainmeter causing extreme keyboard lag on startup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Togmalunchbox

Rainmeter causing extreme keyboard lag on startup

Post by Togmalunchbox »

As the title says, I recently downloaded rainmeter for my computer, and have set it to launch on startup. Now, whenever I turn on my PC, I am essentially unable to type for around a minute while the application launches, with keys taking around 5-10 seconds to register on my screen. I don't believe it is an error with my system specs, as I have a relatively high end PC (Intel Core i5 12600K, 16gb of DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX 3050 GPU). This also goes away after rainmeter launches fully. If it helps, the skins I am using are Mondtholomew, Honeycomb, Simplicity Circles, and Vallistart. Is there a possible fix for this?
Life is fork, I am spoon.
-Some Dude

Pfp - https://twitter.com/luminous_slime/status/1605356863570464768
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter causing extreme keyboard lag on startup

Post by balala »

Togmalunchbox wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:15 pm Is there a possible fix for this?
All of these packages are including lot of skins, some of them with low Update. Most probably the problem is caused by one (or more) of the activated skins.
The solution I think might be pretty simple, but takes a little time to figure out which is the guilty skin: you have to start deactivating the loaded skins, one by one and check how the computer behaves after each such deactivation. I know might be pretty frustrating to restart computer each time you deactivate a skin, but maybe you don't have to restart it. Try closing Rainmeter (right-click its icon in the Notification Area and click Close, then restart it from the Start menu). Check if the lag goes on this way as well and if it does, you have to deactivate another skin, restart Rainmeter and check how does it loads. If on a moment, after deactivating a skin, Rainmeter loads properly, while previously it loaded with the lag, you found the skin causing the issue. At this point please come back with a name of skin.
You should start deactivating the skins which are most probably to cause the issue: visualizers (skins of the Mondtholomew\Visualizer\ package for instance), skins of the Valistart package (as far as I can remember, they caused some issues to me too a while ago, when I gave it a try - am not entirely sure however).
Did you find the culprit?