It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:41 am

CPU and drive temps not working - GPU was showing, now is not.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
JohnTrotto

CPU and drive temps not working - GPU was showing, now is not.

Post by JohnTrotto »

First time Rainmeter user here, trying to work my way through it.
Been trying many skins, none have shown the CPU temp cant get Drive Temps to work either.
One was showing all the GPU stats, but then a couple days later it stopped showing any GPU stats at all.

I have installed the HWInfo64 Rainmeter plugin, went into HWInfo and told it to forward to Gadget ANYthing I see that seems to involve temps.

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS

Any help would be appreciated.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: CPU and drive temps not working - GPU was showing, now is not.

Post by SilverAzide »

JohnTrotto wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:30 am First time Rainmeter user here, trying to work my way through it.
Been trying many skins, none have shown the CPU temp cant get Drive Temps to work either.
One was showing all the GPU stats, but then a couple days later it stopped showing any GPU stats at all.

I have installed the HWInfo64 Rainmeter plugin, went into HWInfo and told it to forward to Gadget ANYthing I see that seems to involve temps.

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS

Any help would be appreciated.
I would help a lot if you told us which skins you are using. In any case, it sounds like you have confused a few things. If you are using a skin which needs the HWiNFO plugin, you need to configure the skin using the dedicated Shared Memory Viewer that comes with it. If you are using a skin which does NOT use the plugin (and which requires HWiNFO v7.02 or later), then you need to use the HWiNFO sensor settings to configure which sensors to report the settings to the "Sidebar gadget". You'd do one or the other, not both.

In EITHER case, you still need to configure the skins so they know how to read the HWiNFO data. In the first case, you need to tell it which sensor/entry IDs to use, and the second case you need to tell the skin which sensor indexes to use.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
JohnTrotto

Post by JohnTrotto »

SilverAzide wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:51 am I would help a lot if you told us which skins you are using. In any case, it sounds like you have confused a few things. If you are using the a skin which needs the HWiNFO plugin, you need to configure the skin using the dedicated Shared Memory Viewer that comes with it. If you are using a skin which does NOT use the plugin (and which requires HWiNFO v7.02 or later), then you need to use the HWiNFO sensor settings to configure which sensors to report the settings to the "Sidebar gadget".

In BOTH cases, you still need to configure the skins so they know how to read the HWiNFO data. In the first case, you need to tell it which sensor/entry IDs to use, and the second case you need to tell the skin which sensor indexes to use.
I am using the ModernGadgets Skin.

I see here it talking about the sensors, but then just says copy and paste the correct ones?
Paste them where? And how am I supposed to know which ones?

EDIT: I think I have most of it, but for some I am still kinda guessing which sensor its wanting.
I have numbers displaying, not sure they are right haha
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

JohnTrotto wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:04 am I am using the ModernGadgets Skin.

I see here it talking about the sensors, but then just says copy and paste the correct ones?
Paste them where? And how am I supposed to know which ones?

EDIT: I think I have most of it, but for some I am still kinda guessing which sensor its wanting.
I have numbers displaying, not sure they are right haha
ModernGadgets is no longer supported by the author, but it will still work since you have an AMD CPU. If you are using the latest version, you don't need any HWiNFO plugin. It uses HWiNFO directly.

Open the CPU Meter Settings skin by moving the mouse over the CPU Meter and clicking the wrench icon in the upper right corner. Select HWiNFO Settings. Click the Open HWiNFO sensors list then click Edit sensor mappings. Copy the sensor indexes from the list to the mapping file and, after refreshing, you should be good to go.

See the ModernGadgets wiki article here, which explains everything you need to do in detail.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
JohnTrotto

Post by JohnTrotto »

SilverAzide wrote: January 17th, 2024, 12:44 pm ModernGadgets is no longer supported by the author, but it will still work since you have an AMD CPU. If you are using the latest version, you don't need any HWiNFO plugin. It uses HWiNFO directly.

Open the CPU Meter Settings skin by moving the mouse over the CPU Meter and clicking the wrench icon in the upper right corner. Select HWiNFO Settings. Click the Open HWiNFO sensors list then click Edit sensor mappings. Copy the sensor indexes from the list to the mapping file and, after refreshing, you should be good to go.

See the ModernGadgets wiki article here, which explains everything you need to do in detail.
Thanks for the input, I think I got most all of it working last night.