It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:49 pm

!setvariable help needed

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: !setvariable help needed

Post by Yincognito »

Laaglander wrote: January 12th, 2024, 6:17 pm Thank you both.

and yes balala you are right, this is indeed a webparser, so before i going to try the very first option, i will try your options first.
I will at the end show here what i have made, i am very proud of what is have made so far :)
No problem, just try whatever you believe that it will work, the order doesn't matter. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Laaglander

Post by Laaglander »

Code: Select all

[MeasureSite11]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=https://pro-api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/cryptocurrency/quotes/latest?symbol=#CryptoS11#&convert=EUR&CMC_PRO_API_KEY=#APIKey#
RegExp="price":(\d+\.\d{1,10}).*"percent_change_24h":(-?\d+\.\d{1,2})"
UpdateRate=#RefreshRate#

[MeasurePrice11]
Measure=WebParser
URL=[MeasureSite11]
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=#RefreshRate#

[MeasureProcentage11]
Measure=WebParser
URL=[MeasureSite11]
StringIndex=2
UpdateRate=#RefreshRate#

[MeasureTotalValue11]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasurePrice11*#Amount11#

[MeasureProfit11]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureTotalValue11-#Cost11#

[MeasureProfitSign11]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureProfit11
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=[!SetOption MeterProfit11 FontColor "#ColorDown#"][!SetOption "MeterProfitImage11" "ImageName" "#@#/Images/Down.png"][!Redraw]
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption MeterProfit11 FontColor "#ColorUp#"][!SetOption "MeterProfitImage11" "ImageName" "#@#/Images/Up.png"][!Redraw]

[MeasurePercColor11]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureProcentage11
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=[!SetOption MeterProcentage11 FontColor "#ColorDown#"]
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption MeterProcentage11 FontColor "#ColorUp#"]

[MeterCoin11]
Meter=String
Text="#CryptoL11#"
X=300
Y=25r
FontSize=15
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
AntiAlias=1

[MeterProfitImage11]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#/Images/Steady.png
x=#Col7cXPos#
y=4r

[MeterCryptoL11]
Meter=String
Text="Het aantal:"
X=300
Y=20r
FontSize=10
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterCryptoL11b]
Meter=String
Text="#Amount11#"
X=175R
Y=r
StringAlign=Right
FontSize=10
FontColor=117,199,235,255
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterCost11]
Meter=string
Text="Kosten met kopen:"
x=300
y=15r
FontSize=10
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterCost11b]
Meter=string
Text="#Cost11# Euro"
x=128R
y=r
StringAlign=Right
FontSize=10
DynamicVariables=1

[MetersingleValue11]
Meter=String
Text="De huidige waarde:"
X=300
Y=15r
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
DynamicVariables=1

[MetersingleValue11b]
Meter=String
Text="[MeasurePrice11:8] Euro"
X=125R
Y=r
StringAlign=Right
NumOfDecimals=5
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterTotalValue11]
Meter=String
Text="De totale waarde:"
X=300
Y=15r
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterTotalValue11b]
Meter=String
Text="[MeasureTotalValue11] Euro"
X=135R
Y=r
StringAlign=Right
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterProcentage11]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureProcentage11
Text="change 24u: [MeasureProcentage11]%"
X=320
Y=18r
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterProfit11]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureProfit11
Text="winst: [MeasureProfit11] Euro"
X=320
Y=15r
FontColor=#FFFFFF#
DynamicVariables=1
The :5 worked for the best fit i chose 8.

i posted now 1 of the 11 objects. I think that iam almost finished, i have everything i want to see.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Laaglander wrote: January 13th, 2024, 11:00 pm The :5 worked for the best fit i chose 8.

i posted now 1 of the 11 objects. I think that iam almost finished, i have everything i want to see.
Not having all needed variables used in your code, we can't check yor skin out, however I have a few comments:
  • UpdateRate makes sense only on the parent WebParser measure. On child measures you don't have to use this option. You've added it to the [MeasureSite11] measure, where it is alright, this being the parent measure, but have added it to the [MeasurePrice11] and [MeasureProcentage11] measures as well, where they can't be used. In fact using it on those measures as well is not a problem, Rainmeter simply ignores it on both measures. But strictly speaking you should have remove them.
  • On both measures [MeasureProfitSign11] and [MeasurePercColor11], thereis a case which is not included in none of the two conditions: when the value of measures is 0. For instance these are the two conditions on the [MeasureProfitSign11] measure:

[MeasureProfitSign11]
    IfBelowValue=0
    IfAboveValue=0
    But what if the value of the measure is exactly0? This case is not included in none of the above IfBelowValue and IfAboveValue options. You should have to add an IfEqualValue option as well, along with the corresponding IfEqualAction. But there is a much simpler solution as well: use IfCondition. In case of the [MeasureProfitSign11] measure, this might look this way, for example:

[MeasureProfitSign11]
    Measure=Calc
    Formula=MeasureProfit11
    IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<0)
    IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterProfit11 FontColor "#ColorDown#"][!SetOption "MeterProfitImage11" "ImageName" "#@#/Images/Down.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterProfit11"][!UpdateMeter  "MeterProfitImage11"][!Redraw]
    IfFalseAction=[!SetOption MeterProfit11 FontColor "#ColorUp#"][!SetOption "MeterProfitImage11" "ImageName" "#@#/Images/Up.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterProfit11"][!UpdateMeter  "MeterProfitImage11"][!Redraw]
    With this approach the case in which the value of the measure is exactly 0 is included into the IfFasleAction. If you want to include this case into the IfTrueAction option, just use the following IfCondition: IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<=0).
    In any case IfCondition is much more simple and much more powerful than the IfActions. Recommend to use IfConditions instead of IfActions.
  • See that in the above IfTrueAction and IfFalseAction options, I added two bangs, which were not used in your options. I talk about the [!UpdateMeter "MeterProfit11"] and [!UpdateMeter "MeterProfitImage11"] bangs. When you set some options with !SetOption bangs, a simple redraw of the skin (done by the [!Redraw] bang) makes no sense, because if you don't update the appropriate meters, the redraw is in vain. This is why I added these bangs.
I"m glad if you got the code working. Feel free to come back if any further question arises.
Laaglander

Post by Laaglander »

UpdateRate makes sense only on the parent WebParser measure. On child measures you don't have to use this option. You've added it to the [MeasureSite11] measure, where it is alright, this being the parent measure, but have added it to the [MeasurePrice11] and [MeasureProcentage11] measures as well, where they can't be used. In fact using it on those measures as well is not a problem, Rainmeter simply ignores it on both measures. But strictly speaking you should have remove them.
First of all thanks you had a look at the script!

so if the parent has been updated, the child follows?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Laaglander wrote: January 14th, 2024, 4:24 pm so if the parent has been updated, the child follows?
There are two different update mods of a WebParser measure. Such a measure, no matter if it's the parent or the child measure, like any other measure of your code is updated according to the Update option set on the [Rainmeter] section (to make things little bit simpler, let's assume there are no UpdateDivider options set). But this is not the update which lets the parent measure to go outside and acquire the online information which it is supposed to acquire. This information acquiring process is controlled by the UpdateRate option of the parent WebParser measure (once again: I assumed above there is no UpdateDivider defined on any measure, which means it is not on the parent WebParser measure either). When the parent WebParser measure gets the online information, this is taken over by the child measures as well, on the same update cycle (immediately). Why can't you use UpdateRate on the child measures is because this option is meant to control when the WebParser measure goes to read the online information, but a child measure never does this. It just takes over the information acquired by the parent measure, through a "normal" update process.
Here you have an excelent description of all this things.