It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:54 pm

Enigma Google Calendar LUA script issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jean-Michel

Enigma Google Calendar LUA script issue

Post by Jean-Michel »

Hello everybody, I use the Google Calendar skin with the adapted LUA script updated on the 2023-06-21. Since a few days, the script return on the line 1,235 (for my script) the error:
Reader.lua:1235: attempt to compare nil with number
It seems there is a comparison issue with the variable nextEvent, however, the variable content appears like a date (Wed Dec 27 12:00:00 2023). I don't know about LUA scripts, but I can give some useful information from the debug.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Enigma Google Calendar LUA script issue

Post by Yincognito »

Jean-Michel wrote: December 31st, 2023, 8:50 am Hello everybody, I use the Google Calendar skin with the adapted LUA script updated on the 2023-06-21. Since a few days, the script return on the line 1,235 (for my script) the error:

It seems there is a comparison issue with the variable nextEvent, however, the variable content appears like a date (Wed Dec 27 12:00:00 2023). I don't know about LUA scripts, but I can give some useful information from the debug.
I think you might want to ask this in that skin's thread, to the guys that wrote the script, as they are in the best position to advise, being familiar with how it works and all:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27623&start=100

In any case, generally the error you mentioned ("attempt to compare nil with number") is because one of the variables in the comparison on that line isn't initialized with a value or doesn't exist. Either an edge case in the script, or something that isn't retrieved properly by it or the related code. You might be able to do some limited debugging on this, by inserting some print(ComparisonVariable1, ComparisonVariable2); just before the comparison and watch the log for their values, then further trace how the problematic variable is changed or initialized in a similar fashion for earlier execution stages. At least you may find where exactly in the script is the cause of the issue (i.e. where the variable "should" be provided with a value and it's not)... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Jean-Michel

Post by Jean-Michel »

Yincognito wrote: December 31st, 2023, 1:07 pm I think you might want to ask this in that skin's thread, to the guys that wrote the script, as they are in the best position to advise, being familiar with how it works and all:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27623&start=100

In any case, generally the error you mentioned ("attempt to compare nil with number") is because one of the variables in the comparison on that line isn't initialized with a value or doesn't exist. Either an edge case in the script, or something that isn't retrieved properly by it or the related code. You might be able to do some limited debugging on this, by inserting some print(ComparisonVariable1, ComparisonVariable2); just before the comparison and watch the log for their values, then further trace how the problematic variable is changed or initialized in a similar fashion for earlier execution stages. At least you may find where exactly in the script is the cause of the issue (i.e. where the variable "should" be provided with a value and it's not)... :???:
@Yincognito Hello and thank you for the link. I knew that a thread was already open, but I don't found it. I will insert a print() function on the line where the issue is. New post is here.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jean-Michel wrote: December 31st, 2023, 3:29 pm @Yincognito Hello and thank you for the link. I knew that a thread was already open, but I don't found it. I will insert a print() function on the line where the issue is. New post is here.
Excellent! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long until someone there comes up with some instructions to solve the issue. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth