Nookz

Win7AudioPlugin OnChangeAction

Post by Nookz »

Hello again World!
I have a question.

So far when using Win7AudioPlugin I was using

Code: Select all

OnChangeAction=[!Refresh]
The goal was to refresh the skin whenever a change is made in output device. This is because I think (I'm not sure?) when the output switches, the plugin doesn't automatically detects it.
So if I connect/disconnect my Bluetooth headset, the readings just stops where they are when it happens.

But I realised just now that it also refresh the skin every time there's a change in Windows volume.
So my question is, is there a way to use OnChangeAction, but only for the string value of a measure? I suspect there is not, so I'm also wondering what would be an alternative solution for what I'm trying to do?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Win7AudioPlugin OnChangeAction

Post by balala »

Add a String measure, which gets the string value of the Win7Audio plugin measure. Add the OnChangeAction option to this one.
For instance if your Win7Audio plugin measure is [MeasureWin7Audio] (this measure already exists), add the following [MeasureWin7String] measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureWin7Audio]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Win7AudioPlugin

[MeasureWin7String]
Measure=STRING
String=[MeasureWin7Audio]
OnChangeAction=[!Refresh]
DynamicVariables=1
Nookz

Post by Nookz »

Ahh makes perfect sense.
I like easy solution like that even if they make me feel dumb for not thinking about them myself. :D

Thanks a lot balala!!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Nookz wrote: December 19th, 2023, 8:56 pm I like easy solution like that even if they make me feel dumb for not thinking about them myself.
Don't feel dumb. There is no reason to feel so. It happens to all of us not to realize the existence of some easy solution from time to time.
Glad to help.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Nookz wrote: December 19th, 2023, 8:24 pmThis is because I think (I'm not sure?) when the output switches, the plugin doesn't automatically detects it.
So if I connect/disconnect my Bluetooth headset, the readings just stops where they are when it happens.
I'm not using a bluetooth headset (this particularity in Rainmeter was actually why I didn't buy such a headset when replacing my old one a while ago), but a similar issue happens with AudioLevel too, even for a wired headset in my case. Just so you know.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth