It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:29 am

Can I change the colour of this skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Param4954s

Can I change the colour of this skin?

Post by Param4954s »

Hello there! I am using rainmeter from past few weeks and i really want to change its Colour. please see if its possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikarus1969

Re: Can I change the colour of this skin?

Post by ikarus1969 »

There are at least 2 files missing in the rmskin-package:

Code: Select all

@include=#@#uservariables.inc
@Include1=var.txt
But to change colors, as a starting point, look at the the "LineColor=..." line at each of the roundline-meters in the included file 1.txt
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can I change the colour of this skin?

Post by balala »

Param4954s wrote: December 18th, 2023, 4:38 pm i really want to change its Colour. please see if its possible.
Seeming you're beginire, so maybe you don't exactly know what to do with ikarus1969's (otherwise good) reply, here are some details:
  • As he said, you probably have to alter the LineColor options of each of the [r1] - [r126] Roundline meters, contained into the included 1.txt file. Replace the existing LineColor=255,255,255,225 options on each of the above meters with the desired color code. For instance the LineColor=255,0,0,225 option gives you red meters, while LineColor=255,240,0,225 gives yellow. Obviously you can use any color code you'd like to use.
  • Additionally an Update=1 option in the [Rainmeter] section is completely invalid. The lowest possible value for this option is Update=16, as described in the second paragraph here. Even if the skin works well with Update=1, this is due to the fact that if you're using a lower value than the smallest possible value, Rainmeter uses it as Update=16. But in fact this also should have to be fixed.
  • Include in the package please the not existing files (described by ikarus1969 above). Without them we can't even load the skin for tryout. Note that a @Resource folder doesn't exist in the config, however the uservariables.inc file should be placed into this @Resources folder, according to the @include=#@#uservariables.inc option of the [Variables] section. If you added the needed files repost the package please.
  • Even if there is practically nothing wrong with using .txt files to store variables, measures and meters, a much better way is to add these sections into .inc files. Once again, the skin works with .txt files as well, but it's a general practice to use those files as .inc, instead of .txt files.