It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:14 pm

Rainmeter download doesn't result in downloading an exe.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Kaimaiz

Rainmeter download doesn't result in downloading an exe.

Post by Kaimaiz »

I have tried downloading Rainmeter from the official website for Windows 11 and when I downloaded it, it results in the file in the picture. When I open it, it shows to open that file with an app which I know isn't suppose to be happening. Is there anything wrong and why is it like that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bill67

Re: Rainmeter download doesn't result in downloading an exe.

Post by bill67 »

Hi..
downlaod might be corrupted or incomplete, try downloading it once again from official website of rainmeter forum and make sure to use correct installer file.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kaimaiz wrote: December 11th, 2023, 3:51 am I have tried downloading Rainmeter from the official website for Windows 11 and when I downloaded it, it results in the file in the picture. When I open it, it shows to open that file with an app which I know isn't suppose to be happening. Is there anything wrong and why is it like that?
Are you sure you downloaded Rainmeter from the official site?
https://www.rainmeter.net/
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kaimaiz wrote: December 11th, 2023, 3:51 am I have tried downloading Rainmeter from the official website for Windows 11 and when I downloaded it, it results in the file in the picture. When I open it, it shows to open that file with an app which I know isn't suppose to be happening. Is there anything wrong and why is it like that?
As previous repliers said, you should have to download the installer from https://www.rainmeter.net/
Click the large blue Download button. Right now (December 12, 2023) you get a file named Rainmeter-4.5.18.exe. That's the installer of latest version of Rainmeter. You can use it to install the app. But note that there is no different installer for Windows 11 and for other versions of Windows, you have to use the same installer for all Windows versions.
Kaimaiz

Post by Kaimaiz »

I just tried again today and it worked. I am sure I downloaded it from the official website though. Thanks for the help anyways.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kaimaiz wrote: December 11th, 2023, 11:02 pm I just tried again today and it worked.
So, did you succeed installing it?