It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:55 am

Not working

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
FGooby

Not working

Post by FGooby »

i have rainmeter downloaded and have the date and everything but i have a few issues
1. The dates are going through my browsers and games
2. I cant open windows settings

i really need this fixed. im using the mond skin
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Not working

Post by Yincognito »

FGooby wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:52 pm i have rainmeter downloaded and have the date and everything but i have a few issues
1. The dates are going through my browsers and games
2. I cant open windows settings

i really need this fixed. im using the mond skin
And we really need more details on what you mean by your 2 points.

If by 1. you mean the date part of your Mond skin is seen over your other apps, then most likely you set the skin Position to Stay Topmost, so you need to set it back to Normal or whatever you prefer:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/arranging-skins/

I don't follow what you mean by 2. Is it the Windows (aka the OS) Settings, or some other window settings, and if so, which one? The skin shouldn't affect either, at least not the Mond skin I know (by the way, a link to where you downloaded it from would help, assuming you didn't alter its code).

Lastly, there might be other skins producing similar effects (just a guess), so you could load just the Mond one to be sure that it's the culprit.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 2:50 pm And we really need more details on what you mean by your 2 points.

If by 1. you mean the date part of your Mond skin is seen over your other apps, then most likely you set the skin Position to Stay Topmost, so you need to set it back to Normal or whatever you prefer:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/arranging-skins/

I don't follow what you mean by 2. Is it the Windows (aka the OS) Settings, or some other window settings, and if so, which one? The skin shouldn't affect either, at least not the Mond skin I know (by the way, a link to where you downloaded it from would help, assuming you didn't alter its code).

Lastly, there might be other skins producing similar effects (just a guess), so you could load just the Mond one to be sure that it's the culprit.
Same here. Can't follow either. However what I assume is that FGooby can't open the settings of Rainmeter. If I'm right, this can be done by simply clicking the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area. Not sure I'm right thought, so I'm waiting for some details as well...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 7:18 pm Same here. Can't follow either. However what I assume is that FGooby can't open the settings of Rainmeter. If I'm right, this can be done by simply clicking the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area. Not sure I'm right thought, so I'm waiting for some details as well...
Might be. We'll see, once he clarifies these things. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth