It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:25 pm

replacing default Speaker icon in System Tray with EarTrumpet

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Hobbes2099

replacing default Speaker icon in System Tray with EarTrumpet

Post by Hobbes2099 »

hi all, it's my first time posting on the forum.

I'm using Windows 11 and enjoying it for the most part.
I've installed EarTrumpet and I love how much versatility it has when compared to Win 11's default Speaker functionality.
while EarTrumpet is running, I have two audio icons on the System Tray.

I've search in the Rainmeter forums, but I can't locate a thread explaining how Rainmeter can help me get rid of the default Speaker icon and replace it with EarTrumpet.

Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: replacing default Speaker icon in System Tray with EarTrumpet

Post by SilverAzide »

Hobbes2099 wrote: November 12th, 2023, 8:13 pm hi all, it's my first time posting on the forum.

I'm using Windows 11 and enjoying it for the most part.
I've installed EarTrumpet and I love how much versatility it has when compared to Win 11's default Speaker functionality.

I've search in the Rainmeter forums, but I can't locate a thread explaining how Rainmeter can help me get rid of the default Speaker icon and replace it with EarTrumpet.

Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Searching the Rainmeter forums for this won't help you much. What you are trying to do is related to Windows 11, not to Rainmeter, so searching a Windows forum is going to be a lot more informative.

To answer your question, you cannot hide the volume icon in Windows 11. You could in Windows 10, but not Windows 11. You can try ExplorerPatcher, maybe this will help you.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Sorry SilverAzide...
Hobbes2099 wrote: November 12th, 2023, 8:13 pm I've installed EarTrumpet and I love how much versatility it has when compared to Win 11's default Speaker functionality.

Me personally definitely don't know what EarTrumpet is (maybe a link would have been nice), but what I know is that Rainmeter can't be used to replace things of OS, particularly here the speaker icon. See the description:
jsmorley wrote: July 1st, 2013, 10:49 pm However, what Rainmeter isn't is a tool to replace or enhance core Windows functionality outside of that desktop. We have no interest in, nor any intention to try, wresting control of functions that in the nature of things belongs to to the operating system. We don't offer functions that can allow you to replace or enhance the Windows Taskbar, Start menu, Notification area, Login screen, Task Manager, Explorer, or anything else that would be considered part of the Windows user interface "shell".
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: November 12th, 2023, 9:39 pm To answer your question, you cannot hide the volume icon in Windows 11. You could in Windows 10, but not Windows 11.
Such a nice "OS customization feature" among so many other "cannot" Easter eggs in Windows 1... :Whistle
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth