It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:29 am

Easy Theme swith

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
RickX

Easy Theme swith

Post by RickX »

Hello,

depending on where I work I use a different number of screen connected to my notebook.
I use two different themes, having different positions for the rainmeter gadgets on the screens.
Thus, whenever I change the office I swith to the correct theme.

To swith the theme I use a right click on the taskbar symbol and select the theme from the themes sub-menu.

Is there an easier way to swith the theme, some kind of shortcut?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Easy Theme swith

Post by balala »

RickX wrote: October 19th, 2023, 8:48 am Is there an easier way to swith the theme, some kind of shortcut?
No, there is not, but you can create a small skin, which obviously should be included in all themes and which could be used to switch between the themes. If you are interested but you don't know how to create it, please let me know.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RickX wrote: October 19th, 2023, 8:48 am Hello,

depending on where I work I use a different number of screen connected to my notebook.
I use two different themes, having different positions for the rainmeter gadgets on the screens.
Thus, whenever I change the office I swith to the correct theme.

To swith the theme I use a right click on the taskbar symbol and select the theme from the themes sub-menu.

Is there an easier way to swith the theme, some kind of shortcut?
A somewhat similar approach to what balala suggested, while avoiding the need to create a different skin for it, would be to add / use a "button" somewhere in a skin from each of your two themes / layouts, and add a simple mouse action to it to set the layout to the other one, using the same method balala referred to.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Lieuallen

Post by Lieuallen »

Just to add to Yincognito's reply, that's the exact approach I took in one of my skins. I created a small button (which switches between Mon1.png and Mon2.png) to allow me to move a few small skins to my second monitor when the first will be devoted to a full-screen program. Here's a code snippet (obviously, you'll have to create your desired button images, and set up your own layouts [and you may not need to save any variables]):

Code: Select all

[Monitor1]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Mon1.png
X=198
Y=64
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Mon 1 "#@#UserVariables.inc"][!LoadLayout "Sensors"]

[Monitor2]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Mon2.png
X=198
Y=64
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Mon 2 "#@#UserVariables.inc"][!LoadLayout "Sensors-2"]
Always sure, sometimes right.
RickX

Post by RickX »

Thanks for the responses. Your hints are very helpful.
I'll add the "switch theme" button into my skins.
pds

Post by pds »

I was dealing with a similar thing recently. I use a laptop for work.
If I don't have another monitor connected to it, the minimalistic theme will be activated. However, if I connect other monitors to it, a big theme will be activated.

If you are interested, I can show you my simple solution.