It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:23 pm

⭐ Google is turning on Two-Step Verification for ALL

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Google is turning on Two-Step Verification for ALL

Post by balala »

George Mi wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 8:07 pm Your solution made it! But only the one I circled in the picture works. The other two are email request icons, you don't get information about gmail...
I'm glad you got working at least one of them. To get what's going on with the others, for first try restarting Rainmeter (assuming you didn't do this before). I mean a complet restart of Rainmeter: right click its icon in the Notification Area, click Exit, then restart it from its icon in the Start Menu. If those skins are still not working, post please a link (or two) where we can download them, to can try them out.
George Mi

Post by George Mi »

balala wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 8:14 pm I'm glad you got working at least one of them. To get what's going on with the others, for first try restarting Rainmeter (assuming you didn't do this before). I mean a complet restart of Rainmeter: right click its icon in the Notification Area, click Exit, then restart it from its icon in the Start Menu. If those skins are still not working, post please a link (or two) where we can download them, to can try them out.
Yes, I've already done that.
Alright, I'll put it in a zip file
:welcome:
George Mi

Post by George Mi »

balala wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 8:14 pm I'm glad you got working at least one of them. To get what's going on with the others, for first try restarting Rainmeter (assuming you didn't do this before). I mean a complet restart of Rainmeter: right click its icon in the Notification Area, click Exit, then restart it from its icon in the Start Menu. If those skins are still not working, post please a link (or two) where we can download them, to can try them out.
In the meantime, I found the other two download links.

This is a complete skin with a gmailNotify reader
https://github.com/jsmorley/JSMeter10

It's just a gmail reader
https://www.deviantart.com/apendx/art/GMail-Rainmeter-skin-194428746
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

George Mi wrote: October 4th, 2023, 7:47 pm In the meantime, I found the other two download links.
Both skins are working for me. I have three Gmail accounts and I did try both skins with each account and everything is working. Make sure you set the correct username and password in both skins. It seems you have to do this manually. Do you know how set them up properly?
George Mi

Post by George Mi »

balala wrote: October 4th, 2023, 8:34 pm Both skins are working for me. I have three Gmail accounts and I did try both skins with each account and everything is working. Make sure you set the correct username and password in both skins. It seems you have to do this manually. Do you know how set them up properly?
Yes, I did these manually for the other two as well.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

George Mi wrote: October 4th, 2023, 9:28 pm Yes, I did these manually for the other two as well.
Where exactly did you add the username and password? I hope you did a refresh of the skin as well, after adding them.
If you did it and still doesn't work, I don't know what to say, because they are working for me. Maybe try grouping the letters of the password into four group of four letters each (if it's not grouped) or join together the groups (if are grouped). To explain what am I talking about: if the generated password is abcdefghijklmnop try the abcd efgh ijkl mnop form as well (or vice-versa, if the groups are not created).
No other ideas...
George Mi

Post by George Mi »

balala wrote: October 5th, 2023, 7:24 am Where exactly did you add the username and password? I hope you did a refresh of the skin as well, after adding them.
If you did it and still doesn't work, I don't know what to say, because they are working for me. Maybe try grouping the letters of the password into four group of four letters each (if it's not grouped) or join together the groups (if are grouped). To explain what am I talking about: if the generated password is abcdefghijklmnop try the abcd efgh ijkl mnop form as well (or vice-versa, if the groups are not created).
No other ideas...
Igen így használom "abcd efgh ijkl mnop"
És a frissítés is megtörtént.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

George Mi wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:26 pm Igen így használom "abcd efgh ijkl mnop"
És a frissítés is megtörtént.
Did you try it without grouping as well?
George Mi

Post by George Mi »

balala wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:49 pm Did you try it without grouping as well?
yes anyway
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

George Mi wrote: October 9th, 2023, 2:29 pm yes anyway
If you've created the password as have been described, you did try using the password in both forms (grouped and ungrouped letters) and still can't get the two skins working, (while a third one is working), there are only two things I can think to:
  • You either have added the username and password into a not proper place or
  • Maybe the not-working skins have been altered.
For the first point above: for instance in the Gmail Rainmeter skin the username and password have to be added as the UName and UPass variables into the [Variables] section of the GMail\Gmail.ini file. UName is the username, this being the same as what you have in you email address before @gmail.com (in case of the MyEmail@gmail.com address, UName is MyEmail), while UPass is the (ungrouped, however should work even grouped) password created as described above (for example: UPass=abcdefghijklmnop).
If you can't get the skin working, please pack the whole GMail config from the Skins folder and upload the package here, to can check.