It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:52 pm

Toggle clock?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
thenormalguy

Re: Toggle clock?

Post by thenormalguy »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 11:38 pm You did not modify the rest of the meters as described by adding the container=... line
Apologies mate, it appears I was to hastily to made changes that I did not read properly.

It is now working properly as it should :), However I will keep meter tittle as I like it better when it only hide's time and shows day and date.
I have added the line according to your suggestion in meter day and meter date : Container=meterContainer

What does it do though, as I have not noticed any changes adding it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

thenormalguy wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 11:49 pm Apologies mate, it appears I was to hastily to made changes that I did not read properly.

It is now working properly as it should :), However I will keep meter tittle as I like it better when it only hide's time and shows day and date.
I have added the line according to your suggestion in meter day and meter date : Container=meterContainer

What does it do though, as I have not noticed any changes adding it?
If you are not seeing any difference, then you didn't get all the suggestions added correctly.

Adding container=meterContainer to those meters places all of them under the influence of the container meter; so when the container meter height is changed to 4 pixels, all of those meters are essentially hidden. When the container meter size is restored, the meters are shown. If this is not happening, then ignore the hint below...

Hint: You can modify the mouseover/leave bangs to resize the container meter, so the time is only shown on mouse over.
Change the Y=value and the H=value of the container on mouseoveraction so the clock area is hidden and set them back to normal in the mouseleaveaction.

Documentaion for Container Meter
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

thenormalguy wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 10:12 pm - how can you hide time "and" still look at it, considering that it would then be hidden?
Basically like a toggle option which allows me to show and hide it according to my desire.
Yeah, figured that eventually - my point was that "or" was more suited to convey this, instead of "and" (since they can't happen at the same time, it's either one or another), hence the quotes.

To help a bit with understanding of what eclectic-tech said, the parts of the contained meters that are outside of the container meter (or overlap its transparent pixels) will be hidden. The contained meters are the ones with the Container=... line, while the container meter is the one indicated by what's written after the equal sign in such a line. That's why changing the size of the container meter correspondingly hides or shows parts of the contained meters.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth