It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:38 am

WebParser measure not being seen by IfCondition command

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: WebParser measure not being seen by IfCondition command

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:37 pmI was talking about the fact that if you wants further measures to get information and image of further characters, the appropriate measures have to be added manually
Ah, I see - sure thing. How else could anyone add further measures other than manually? Unless AI writes them or something, that is. :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CoffeeBender

Post by CoffeeBender »

Yincognito wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:13 pm I beg to differ. A list of characters / IDs surely exists somewhere on that site, and even if it's continuously changing, a single WebParser can be commanded to sequentially update and iterate through every ID in that list to get the desired ID data.

Sure, a bit of regex and some quantifiers would be needed if the list is a single string and not values that can be retrieved via StringIndex when interrogating for the list, but it's definitely possible, using dynamic variables in the URL used to get the data for an ID.

Basically, two WebParser parents (one for getting the ID list, one for getting the ID data) with the latter being dynamic should do. Even if Rainmeter is not a programming language, it can do a fair amount of what such a language does. When it doesn't, well, there is always Lua which can fill in the blanks. Not exactly a beginner job, of course, yet still achievable in a nearly automated fashion. ;-)
yes this might be the plan but as of now I will stick to hardcode
again thank you all
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CoffeeBender wrote: September 17th, 2023, 6:35 am yes this might be the plan but as of now I will stick to hardcode
again thank you all
Sure thing, and you're welcome from my part. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth