It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:17 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 1:54 pm That is the idea that I tell my friend Yincognito all the time, not everything they give me will be used in the same way, I was really trying several options and I didn't achieve the effect, but yes, little by little I am making progress, last night I had three challenges and well I found a solution based on the criteria that I had already seen before, when I advance the idea a little I share the code so that they can tell me how they see the steps I am taking. Thanks again.
You're welcome from my part. This is the all basic idea of this forum: to help you (and others as well obviously) to learn and be able to write better and better codes. I'm glad if we more or less succeeded in helping you to learn something about Rainmeter codes.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 16th, 2023, 2:51 pm You're welcome from my part. This is the all basic idea of this forum: to help you (and others as well obviously) to learn and be able to write better and better codes. I'm glad if we more or less succeeded in helping you to learn something about Rainmeter codes.
Yes I have learned many things. and I want to continue doing it. Maybe I'm dedicating a lot of details to a skin but I like it to be very complex and with quite a few functions. I prefer that to making many small ones, this adjustment I'm putting together is going to be super big. I hope it works well when I finish the idea I have. I'll share if I get complicated. and if not in the end I publish it. :thumbup: :great:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 5:51 pm Yes I have learned many things. and I want to continue doing it.
Good. Keep working if you are interested. You can come back anytime for help, if you need.
arcanosa84 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 5:51 pm Maybe I'm dedicating a lot of details to a skin but I like it to be very complex and with quite a few functions. I prefer that to making many small ones, this adjustment I'm putting together is going to be super big.
I understand you, because I wrote a few extremely complex skins as well. Some of them turned out to be too complex, most probably. For instance the Settings skin of my Mirage suite. Check it, if you are interested. Its code has 17,711 lines (no, it's not a mistake!!!).
arcanosa84 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 5:51 pm I hope it works well when I finish the idea I have. I'll share if I get complicated. and if not in the end I publish it.
Publish it when you think it is ready.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 16th, 2023, 7:03 pm Good. Keep working if you are interested. You can come back anytime for help, if you need.

I understand you, because I wrote a few extremely complex skins as well. Some of them turned out to be too complex, most probably. For instance the Settings skin of my Mirage suite. Check it, if you are interested. Its code has 17,711 lines (no, it's not a mistake!!!).

It won't let me download it, it takes me to a blank page. :-( :-(
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:28 pm It won't let me download it, it takes me to a blank page.
If you're talking about the link I posted in my reply, I'm surprised, because it works for me. Just tried.
However the link of my post is this: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=192300#p188600

On this post you have to click the "first post" link, which takes you to the following post: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=34009#p168171

And finally there you should click the Version 1.3 available here. link, which is this: https://www.deviantart.com/balazslaci/art/Mirage-1-3-871599302?ga_submit_new=10%3A1614365214

As you can see, this is a DeviantArt page, storing the skin installer. Use the above link, to get it.
Have you succeeded in downloading the installer?
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:43 pm If you're talking about the link I posted in my reply, I'm surprised, because it works for me. Just tried.
However the link of my post is this: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=192300#p188600

On this post you have to click the "first post" link, which takes you to the following post: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=34009#p168171

And finally there you should click the Version 1.3 available here. link, which is this: https://www.deviantart.com/balazslaci/art/Mirage-1-3-871599302?ga_submit_new=10%3A1614365214

As you can see, this is a DeviantArt page, storing the skin installer. Use the above link, to get it.
Have you succeeded in downloading the installer?
No, the devianart page opens with huge icons and a white background, it doesn't let me see where the download link is :confused:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 16th, 2023, 7:03 pm Good. Keep working if you are interested. You can come back anytime for help, if you need.

I am having problems writing a variable, when there is only one there are no problems, but I want to write the same value to several at the same time, I wrote it this way and it does not work, can you tell me what I am doing wrong???
I was reading but I only see that it can be done with one but try what they explain in Command1 so as not to make a super extensive code, I need 7 variables to take the edited value at the time I apply it, but I cannot join them, they all have different colors assigned, when I restore the default skin colors.
I don't know how to do it right, or how would it be applied? :confused: :confused:

PS: The variables are in the Styles.inc document
I put the same publication to both of them so that they get the notification.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
;---Complementarios---

ColorRecycleBG=64,154,255
ColorSpeedFanBG2=190,255,255
ColorRecycledF=64,154,255,255
ColorRecycledF2=190,255,255,255
ColorCircleF1=0,126,255,255
CircleColorLL=0,102,255
CircleColorF2=220,220,220

[ColorBGGCB]
Group=Pag2
Meter = Image
ImageName = #@#\Images\Settings\Button.png
ImageTint = #ColorRecycleBG#
x = 439
y = 284
LeftMouseDownAction = [!ShowMeter WarningInput][!HideMeter ResetColor][!SetOption TypeboxColor ImageTint #ColorRecycleBG#][!SetOption InputColor DefaultValue #ColorRecycleBG#][!SetOption InputColor Command1 "[!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycleBG "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorSpeedFanBG2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorCircleF1 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorLL "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"]"][!ShowMeter TypeboxColor][!PluginBang "MeterInputBGGC ExecuteBatch 1"]
ToolTipType=1
ToolTipText=BG General
Hidden=1
[MeterInputBGGC]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=10
X=518
Y=432
W=95
H=15
FocusDismiss=1
AntiAlias=1
Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycleBG "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorSpeedFanBG2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorCircleF1 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorLL "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!RainmeterRefreshApp] 
DefaultValue=""
Last edited by arcanosa84 on September 17th, 2023, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 16th, 2023, 10:13 am I don't reserve solutions, but yeah, I don't like to always serve them on a plate, and that will not change. It's not only that it's easier for us to use a brief explanation and a link and let you figure out the obvious, but it's more efficient for you as well, considering that you're not an absolute beginner anymore. If you keep asking for final solutions for every little thing out there, you will end up not knowing how to do those yourself, when you need it. Experiencing difficulties and managing to solve them yourself is the most effective way to learn, just like in your example with the baby learning to walk - at some point, he has to do it himself, even if he would prefer to still be aided.

By the way, we didn't have a hard time coming up with an idea here, we just didn't want to bother much coming up with an "unnatural" alternative to it like disabling and enabling again in quick succession. IfConditionMode is the natural way to do it in this case and many others and you'll need it in the future, it's just that here it added an extra redraw when not changing pages, that could have been avoided for performance reasons.

Regarding the translation or understanding it, we can't help if you have trouble doing that yourself, that's your job, there are plenty of tools doing that online. We won't be always here or willing to explain what's already written or implied on the docs at every basic step along the way, that's absurd. If I have absolutely zero trouble translating online and properly understanding the translation in my native language which is way less used compared to Spanish, why should you? This has nothing to do with being proficient in Rainmeter. Other than that, just curious, don't they teach English in primary school in Latin America (just guessing here)? I mean, it's not like they use words that you don't encounter in your everyday life, in the news, in a musical piece, in a movie, on your computer, on your phone, and so on.

The excerpt is about being able to have multiple comparisons (the word is at the plural) in a single IfCondition (at singular). Even without deducting this, since AND and OR between comparisons are mentioned in code snippets, it doesn't take much thought to realize what this is all about. Basic reading comprehension, nothing "scientific" about it, if you ask me. :confused:
I am having problems writing a variable, when there is only one there are no problems, but I want to write the same value to several at the same time, I wrote it this way and it does not work, can you tell me what I am doing wrong???
I was reading but I only see that it can be done with one but try what they explain in Command1 so as not to make a super extensive code, I need 7 variables to take the edited value at the time I apply it, but I cannot join them, they all have different colors assigned, when I restore the default skin colors.
I don't know how to do it right, or how would it be applied? :confused: :confused:

PS: The variables are in the Styles.inc document
I put the same publication to both of them so that they get the notification.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
;---Complementarios---

ColorRecycleBG=64,154,255
ColorSpeedFanBG2=190,255,255
ColorRecycledF=64,154,255,255
ColorRecycledF2=190,255,255,255
ColorCircleF1=0,126,255,255
CircleColorLL=0,102,255
CircleColorF2=220,220,220

[ColorBGGCB]
Group=Pag2
Meter = Image
ImageName = #@#\Images\Settings\Button.png
ImageTint = #ColorRecycleBG#
x = 439
y = 284
LeftMouseDownAction = [!ShowMeter WarningInput][!HideMeter ResetColor][!SetOption TypeboxColor ImageTint #ColorRecycleBG#][!SetOption InputColor DefaultValue #ColorRecycleBG#][!SetOption InputColor Command1 "[!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycleBG "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorSpeedFanBG2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorCircleF1 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorLL "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"]"][!ShowMeter TypeboxColor][!PluginBang "MeterInputBGGC ExecuteBatch 1"]
ToolTipType=1
ToolTipText=BG General
Hidden=1
[MeterInputBGGC]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=10
X=518
Y=432
W=95
H=15
FocusDismiss=1
AntiAlias=1
Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycleBG "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorSpeedFanBG2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorRecycledF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ColorCircleF1 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorLL "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables CircleColorF2 "$UserInput$""#@#\Config\Styles.inc"][!RainmeterRefreshApp] 
DefaultValue=""
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

I'll let balala handle answering in detail, but syntactically, the measure should work assuming you use the same .inc in your @include. In the meter, when setting InputColor's Command1, you need to use 3 quotes to enclose that long value at both ends, because it already contains single quotes that break its continuity. After it, you forgot to update InputColor.

Other than that, there's no group bang for !WriteKeyValue, so you'll have to write those values one by one. A possibility you probably already identified is to store the chain of bangs in a long string variable which you can then execute instead of the bangs themselves in the desired action or command.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 10:41 pm No, the devianart page opens with huge icons and a white background, it doesn't let me see where the download link is :confused:
The backgroundf can be dark, light or green, depending on your option. But doesn't matter which theme did you choose, you have to look for the download icon. See marked it red in the attached screenshot:
DevArt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.