how does it work sking configuration ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
rainette

how does it work sking configuration ?

Post by rainette »

Hello, i look for skin for my and find this skin :

https://www.deviantart.com/jingegno/art/Detailed-Tech-762401167

But where is the files configuration ?

View the software is english, and french have possiblity but not find...

Other skin have software this no, and lost...

Thank you
Sorry i am French
tass_co

Re: how does it work sking configuration ?

Post by tass_co »

rainette wrote: September 14th, 2023, 10:08 am Hello, i look for skin for my and find this skin :

https://www.deviantart.com/jingegno/art/Detailed-Tech-762401167

But where is the files configuration ?

View the software is english, and french have possiblity but not find...

Other skin have software this no, and lost...

Thank you
Browse to this folder. C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Detailed Tech\@Resources
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
rainette

Post by rainette »

tass_co wrote: September 14th, 2023, 1:30 pm Browse to this folder. C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Detailed Tech\@Resources
Yes into "languages" have case in french, how to apply the languages "francais" ?
Sorry i am French
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

rainette wrote: September 14th, 2023, 1:36 pm Yes into "languages" have case in french, how to apply the languages "francais" ?
I checked the source folder completely, unfortunately I couldn't see any code to change the language setting.

When I checked the weather skin, the following explanations caught my eye.

---Replace the word that is right to the colon (:) with your language translation. leave the quotation marks intact and separate each section with a comma (,). In short, just look below... ;)

---Replace the word that is right to the equal sign (=) with your language translation.

If you check other skins, the text sections are written in English.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rainette wrote: September 14th, 2023, 1:36 pm Yes into "languages" have case in french, how to apply the languages "francais" ?
It seems you can't apply the French language, even if there is a file named Français.inc. Theoretically you should have to open the Detailed Tech\@Resources\Style.inc file and replace the language=English variable into the [Variables] section by language=Français. But when you do this, get nothing. The skin is still on English. The Style.inc file is applied only on the Detailed Tech\Daily Meters\Time & Date\Time & Date.ini skin, it's not added to any other. And even there the variables included into the language files (either English.inc or Français.inc) are not use in the skin.
The package look messed up a little bit. The whole code of all those .ini files should be rewritten, to get the skins in French. It's a huge work...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

One could get away easier with some capable mass replacer or text editor. In theory you could set most String meters to display variables instead of their literal text parts, then create the corresponding file(s) where the variables are defined for specific languages. Finally, @include whatever include file for the values in the desired language. But yeah, it would take some effort to identify all the places that would need linguistic capabilities.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth