It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:17 pm

Animated flip clock widget for Rainmeter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
emvaized

Re: Animated flip clock widget for Rainmeter?

Post by emvaized »

I played around with Container to get more smooth corners, added dy-shifted border, and here's result as for now:

Looks quite sweet!
I also removed all unused code and functions from the original skin, and added few variables for quick configuration (corner radius, height, width, etc). In future I'll consider implementing blinking colon symbol (:) between each section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

emvaized wrote: September 10th, 2023, 12:00 am In future I'll consider implementing blinking colon symbol (:) between each section.
I assume this could be done by Shape meters.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

emvaized wrote: September 10th, 2023, 12:00 amIn future I'll consider implementing blinking colon symbol (:) between each section.
It doesn't necessarily have to be blinking though, can be the dots in the colon bouncing off or into one another, swapping places, glowing intermitently, changing size, etc. Looking for GIFs online or doing it using Shapes like balala suggested should be easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
emvaized

Post by emvaized »

Thanks for your suggestions!
For now I ended up using a simple ":" text, which works except the square shape of dots:

I also included new better looking frames, with additional animation effects. And the animation itself is now 25 frames instead of 20, for better smoothness. I think it looks wonderful.

As a downside, I had to get rid of customizable corner radius, as it contradicts with card's corner radius in the gif itself.
It also doesn't have 2>0, 3>0 and 5>0 transitions, and uses 9>0 instead of them
Last edited by emvaized on September 11th, 2023, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nice work! 8-)
emvaized

Post by emvaized »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 11th, 2023, 3:39 pm Nice work! 8-)
Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Definitely looks good, however the Update of a clock skin being set to Update=25 is a little bit low. Yep, I understand the animation requires this, but my assumption on this is that maybe an ActionTimer plugin measure might be used in order to get the animation at a proper speed, but the skin to be update on the default Update=1000.
However congratulations for the skin. Definitely like it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2023, 4:01 pm Definitely looks good, however the Update of a clock skin being set to Update=25 is a little bit low. Yep, I understand the animation requires this, but my assumption on this is that maybe an ActionTimer plugin measure might be used in order to get the animation at a proper speed, but the skin to be update on the default Update=1000.
However congratulations for the skin. Definitely like it.
If the skin is always animated, like it seems to be the case (didn't check the code yet, but the result looks good indeed), using a low skin update or an endless ActionTimer for the animation would be mostly the same. The skin would be redrawn every 25 ms anyway, regardless of the value of the skin Update, so no real resource conservation in one case compared to the other...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2023, 6:49 pm If the skin is always animated, like it seems to be the case (didn't check the code yet, but the result looks good indeed),
Yep, it is.
Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2023, 6:49 pm using a low skin update or an endless ActionTimer for the animation would be mostly the same. The skin would be redrawn every 25 ms anyway, regardless of the value of the skin Update, so no real resource conservation in one case compared to the other...
I thought to something like the FadeClock.ini skin of the package posted here. Not sure it would be a resource conservation, just assumed it might worth a deeper look...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2023, 7:16 pm Yep, it is.

I thought to something like the FadeClock.ini skin of the package posted here. Not sure it would be a resource conservation, just assumed it might worth a deeper look...
Ah, I see. For the blinking colon, it might be. ;-)