It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:57 pm

Audio Switcher

General topics related to Rainmeter.
n8atkinson

Audio Switcher

Post by n8atkinson »

Greetings. I use Windows 10. Is there a plugin indicating what audio devices are currently selected (in/out)? Or even other software? I am tired of always going into settings to view/switch. I use and like Omnimo 10 but any recommendation would be excellent. TIA
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Audio Switcher

Post by balala »

n8atkinson wrote: August 28th, 2023, 12:10 am Is there a plugin indicating what audio devices are currently selected (in/out)?
At least the outputting device can easily be shown, by a simple Win 7 Audio plugin measure. Add the following measure and meter to your code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureAudio]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Win7AudioPlugin

[MeterAudio]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureAudio
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
The [MeterAudio] meter shows the name of the device.
Is this what you want?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Audio Switcher

Post by Yincognito »

n8atkinson wrote: August 28th, 2023, 12:10 am Greetings. I use Windows 10. Is there a plugin indicating what audio devices are currently selected (in/out)? Or even other software? I am tired of always going into settings to view/switch. I use and like Omnimo 10 but any recommendation would be excellent. TIA
For both in and out devices, you can try to use the Type=DeviceName option in a child AudioLevel measure, I think it will work even if you don't specify an ID to select in the parent AudioLevel measure:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/audiolevel/
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth