It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:04 am

Game mode revisited

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.4 beta cycle.
Kaz28100

Re: Game mode revisited

Post by Kaz28100 »

Is there a way to exclude a skin from Game Mode?
I want to keep my System monitoring (CPU, GPU Temp/Fans) available for a quick check without having all of the others stuff running. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kaz28100 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 1:22 pm Is there a way to exclude a skin from Game Mode?
I want to keep my System monitoring (CPU, GPU Temp/Fans) available for a quick check without having all of the others stuff running. :)
Save two layouts, one with all the skins you normally want to be loaded, the other with just your system monitoring ones, then, in your Game Mode tab, set the latter to be loaded in the On Start combo-box, and the former to be loaded in the On Stop combo-box.

That being said, unless you run your D3D games / applications in the desktop windowed mode (i.e. not full screen), I'm not sure how you can "quick check" things in your system monitoring skins without Alt+Tab -ing from the said D3D game / application back into desktop mode (where skins are displayed)... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 8th, 2023, 1:40 pm Save two layouts, one with all the skins you normally want to be loaded, the other with just your system monitoring ones, then, in your Game Mode tab, set the latter to be loaded in the On Start combo-box, and the former to be loaded in the On Stop combo-box.
One single disadvantage: the System monitoring skin is refreshed (in fact is disactivated, then reactivated) when the Game mode is launched. But there is no way to do it without such an unload and reload. This might be or might be not a problem, depends on many...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:57 pm One single disadvantage: the System monitoring skin is refreshed (in fact is disactivated, then reactivated) when the Game mode is launched. But there is no way to do it without such an unload and reload. This might be or might be not a problem, depends on many...
Indeed.
Kaz28100

Post by Kaz28100 »

Yincognito wrote: June 8th, 2023, 1:40 pm Save two layouts, one with all the skins you normally want to be loaded, the other with just your system monitoring ones, then, in your Game Mode tab, set the latter to be loaded in the On Start combo-box, and the former to be loaded in the On Stop combo-box.

That being said, unless you run your D3D games / applications in the desktop windowed mode (i.e. not full screen), I'm not sure how you can "quick check" things in your system monitoring skins without Alt+Tab -ing from the said D3D game / application back into desktop mode (where skins are displayed)... :???:
Thank you that worked ;-)
When i mean quick check i just press Win+D or alt+tab depending of the game i think it's easier for looking at my pc temps etc...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kaz28100 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:51 pm Thank you that worked ;-)
When i mean quick check i just press Win+D or alt+tab depending of the game i think it's easier for looking at my pc temps etc...
Excellent! Just so you know, it's even easier to display these things in-game, like here or here. Of course, to get there, you would have to have MSI AB (or possibly HWINFO), along with RTSS, installed and running, and configure a bit the said overlay. 8-)