It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:29 pm

Is R useable following a short formula [SOLVED]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Is R useable following a short formula

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:41 pm It looks great - finally seeing it all properly aligned. I was beginning to think I just couldn't work this way.
Now I see that asking for help in the forum alleviated some headaches. Well I was nearly out of ideas.
It happens sometimes, don't worry.
CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:41 pm Seeing the #Space.X#R working without having the #OffSetR# being added to it (in almost all cases here), was a bit of a surprise.
Yes, but if you think a little bit, you can realize that if you add the #OffSetR# variable to the X options of all meters, all meters starting from the second one get added the variable twice: one from the leftmost meter of that line and one more from the meter itself.
CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:41 pm All we are needing to do is move the left most column, and the rest follow it.
Right, exactly.
CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:41 pm Balala, you mentioned there were some things that need to be done/added. I am guessing the mouseclick to activate the slide is obviously not there yet, along with making accord for the skin to properly become hidden behind the center part, etc.
If you check how does the skin working, you should have be seen that when the meters are slide out, then back in, the month and year are not shown. Same way is not shown the current day (the blue underscore below the date of today). Am I correct?
CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2023, 4:41 pm Thank you balala, for taking the time to sort things out.
You're welcome. Always glad to help, when I can.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello

Here is the first actual beta of this skin "Wing Commander"
Wing Commander_1.0.rmskin
If you have a look, and see something that would improve on this skin, I would be glad to check it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,

Ok, so everything slides perfectly. But there is an anomaly - the current day underline indicator is not being hidden with the #NotCurrentMonth# variable.

It has a 0 or 1 toggle, but even on the original skin, with the #NotCurrentMonth# obeys the intended hide of that line on any not current month - 0 or 1 make no difference.

I compared the code in the Styles.inc from the original and the one I modified. Everything seems to be the same, but the line indicator appears in every month, albeit the current month is indicating the correct day number.

Not sure how to fix it. It is also handled in the CScript.lua and the Styles.inc. I cannot identify any possible workarounds.

I hope this can be fixed, having it show in the not current month bugs the bejeezers out of me lol.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello again,

I found a workaround : Use !SetVariable and !WriteKeyValue to force the underline marker to behave as expected.

The problem is the ActionTimer using the max pixels to update the entire group, thus making the cursor appear in every month.

I segregated the Style meter to have its own group and the value is targeted twice just before the max pixel position allowing the #NotCurrentMonth# to work as the CScript.lua wanted it to : hiding it or showing it according to the current month.

:17nodding

I'll keep poking at the skin to see if this method is robust enough for me to be satisfied.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Oh, Hello again...

I am dumbstruck on how to remove the comma after the month in the luacalendar section of the above skin.

I tried several google tips, none of them worked.

I suspect it might be the lua script keeping it there. There is also the location of the meter style in the styles.inc file.

I hope this is possible. I really should know this by now, yet I remain in the dark.

Thanks.

This is from the Styles.inc

Code: Select all

[mLabel]
Meter=String
Text=#MonthLabel#
W=(#C.w#*7+#Space.x#*6)
X=(((#C.w#*7+#Space.x#*6)/2+#Bumper.x#) + #OffSetR#)
Y=(#Bumper.top#-17)
H=#C.h#
FontColor=105,161,194,200
FontFace=#MorbaneFont#
FontSize=(17*#Scaler#)
InlineSetting=CharacterSpacing | 0.75 | 0.75
StringCase=Lower
stringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1
Group=SlideR
RegExpSubstitute=1
DynamicVariables=1
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok, Solved.

Had to incorporate a Measure=String so the Substitute could even work. I was thinking too hard.

This simple measure dealt the final blow against my conundrum:

Code: Select all

[MeasureSub]
Measure=String
String=#MonthLabel#
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="(,)":""
DynamicVariables=1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 27th, 2023, 4:18 pm Ok, Solved.
Sorry for the late reply.
Is your problem fixed now? To be honest I tried following your description on what did you do, but couldn't entirely. So am not sure. If the issue is not fixed, upload the modified package once again, to can take a look. If it is, congratulations, good job.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:42 am Sorry for the late reply.
Is your problem fixed now? To be honest I tried following your description on what did you do, but couldn't entirely. So am not sure. If the issue is not fixed, upload the modified package once again, to can take a look. If it is, congratulations, good job.
Oh, no worries.
Everything you helped with was certainly enough. I was able to pick up from there.

Sorry about asking serial questions. I solved the last issue which was removing a comma from a string. I thought it was going to stump me, then realised that I needed to make a separate measure to handle the regexp.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:30 pm Oh, no worries.
Everything you helped with was certainly enough. I was able to pick up from there.

Sorry about asking serial questions. I solved the last issue which was removing a comma from a string. I thought it was going to stump me, then realised that I needed to make a separate measure to handle the regexp.
Alright, I'm glad. :thumbup: