It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:31 pm

Cogs Moon Sun

Clocks and timer skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cogs Moon Sun

Post by Yincognito »

Mordasius wrote: May 26th, 2023, 6:39 am Neater it may be but I've reverted to the original method of checking the current GMT/UTC offset using weather.com in the .rmskin in the first post. This allows users to see what the sun and moon are doing in any location without having to change the timezone used by their computer.
Yeah, IF you have a site that provides that, it's usually the best idea to use that data. The said method addresses scenarios where, for some reason, you either can't or won't use already computed values and need to do it yourself, locally. As long as things work out the way you envisioned, any choice is perfectly fine.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Mordasius wrote: May 26th, 2023, 6:39 am Neater it may be but I've reverted to the original method of checking the current GMT/UTC offset using weather.com in the .rmskin in the first post. This allows users to see what the sun and moon are doing in any location without having to change the timezone used by their computer.
Hello,
I did not check the most recent build, but I ran into a very minor cosmetic issue. The little "moon arm" that holds up the moon is only displaying when the sun is up. I've lubricated the internal apparatus carefully and adjusted the spring tension per the specs, but the moon arm is still displaying anomalous behavior.

I opened up one of the anterior mechanisms, identified as "CTG-Measures.inc". I traced the malfunction to a specific confabulator, shown here (Fig. A):

Code: Select all

[cHideMoonHand]
Measure=Calc
Formula=0
IfCondition=( ( [mTimeAngleNow] > [mSunRise]  ) && ( [mTimeAngleNow] < [mSunSet]  ) )
IfTrueAction= [!HideMeter MtMoonHand] 
DynamicVariables=1
IfConditionMode=1
Figure A: Anomalous Confabulator

If I understand the issue, the condition seems to be checking sunrise/sunset instead of moonrise/moonset. Perhaps a sprocket was misaligned during assembly.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

SilverAzide wrote: May 26th, 2023, 3:29 pm... I ran into a very minor cosmetic issue. The little "moon arm" that holds up the moon is only displaying when the sun is up.
Greetings SilverAzide. The "moon arm" is actually a now redundant spriget left over from early versions of the skin. Before I had an analogue clock in the center and an ornamental pointer showing solar noon, the upper hemisphere looked a little bare when the sun was down particularly around the new moon.

However, when the sun was up the "moon arm" was a bit of a clutter-sproget that got tangled up in the solar noon pointer and was confusing when the moon was overlain by the sun image. Hence [cHideMoonHand] which hides the "moon arm" between the hours of sunrise and sunset.

I've commented it out in my version of the skin and in the CogsMoonSun-Playtime .rmskin below. The PLayTime skin has snippits in CTG-Measures.inc and the Mooninfo.lua, MoonTimes.lua and SunTimes.lua scripts which make it comparatively easy to test the skin at different times and on different dates. As an added bonus the VARS-LatLongTzone.inc file comes pre-loaded with a range of locations for your astronomical edification and enlightenment.
CogsMoonSun-Playtime_27052023.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Mordasius wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:05 am I've commented it out in my version of the skin and in the CogsMoonSun-Playtime .rmskin below. The PLayTime skin has snippits in CTG-Measures.inc and the Mooninfo.lua, MoonTimes.lua and SunTimes.lua scripts which make it comparatively easy to test the skin at different times and on different dates. As an added bonus the VARS-LatLongTzone.inc file comes pre-loaded with a range of locations for your astronomical edification and enlightenment.
Ah, OK, I understand now... This variant appears to be working perfectly, thank you! :thumbup:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...