It is currently October 4th, 2023, 7:08 am
Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: January 17th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Hello, I have installed rainmeter and the "Sonder" skin on my new computer. Everything works but when I start the computer I get error 126.dll. I tried ways from google like install c++ but it doesn't work... do you have any other good solution?
- Rainmeter Sage
- Posts: 6075
- Joined: February 27th, 2015, 2:38 pm
- Location: Terra Yincognita
I tested almost all skins from the Sonder suite on DeviantArt (did not load layouts or restart the computer with everthing active since I don't want those otherwise) and I don't get the error you mentioned. Three questions:
- where do you get that error (e.g. the Rainmeter log, Event Viewer, Windows message, etc.)?
- what exactly says the error message (there is no 126.dll in Sonder and I suppose not in Windows either, so where does that file come from)?
- what skin from the Sonder suite produces the error (unload all of them and load each of them one at a time to find out, if Sonder is the culprit, that is)?
Unless the suite does some odd things with the taskbar or some other Windows elements, I doubt that the error is really related to the suite. Also, if Rainmeter already works, there should be no need for specific C++ redistributables that it could use. My guess is that the issue is someplace else...
- Rainmeter Sage
- Posts: 15689
- Joined: October 11th, 2010, 6:27 pm
- Location: Gheorgheni, Romania
For first you should have to post a link where we can get the skin you have problems with. I know I can Google the web to find it, but there might be more versions of the same skin and there might be some differences between them. Since Yincognito couldn't replicate the issue, as he said above, this might the case (however not this is the only possibility).
So for first we are waiting for a link, as well as the answers to his questions.