It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:01 pm

Fonts reset after Rainmeter startup

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BlackChadhar

Re: Fonts reset after Rainmeter startup

Post by BlackChadhar »

balala wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:58 pm Could you please post links where we can download both fonts, used by the posted skin?
This is the font I am using.
Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2023, 8:38 pm I can't reproduce the issue. Rainmeter loads just fine displaying your skin using the said font, both on startup and regular load. Are you usign the latest Rainmeter version? Which operating system are you using? Are other skins loaded or loaded at the same time when you load the skin(s) exhibiting the problem, and if so, which ones are they?
I am using the lates version of Rainmeter and Windows 11. Other skins are loaded as well but they work just fine. This one for some reason does not display the font unless refreshed once after startup. It thinks that the font is not installed on the system until it is refreshed.

Edit: I still haven't figured out what the issue is but setting up the load order for the skin as 1 seemed to have solved the issue.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:09 am Edit: I still haven't figured out what the issue is but setting up the load order for the skin as 1 seemed to have solved the issue.
That's why I asked what other skins you are loading. Depending on what exactly they do, they could, in theory, be a cause for the issue in the skin where you have this problem, even if they load fine themselves. Maybe one of them is overlapping the problematic skin and create the impression that the font doesn't work the first time? :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
BlackChadhar

Post by BlackChadhar »

Yincognito wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:41 am That's why I asked what other skins you are loading. Depending on what exactly they do, they could, in theory, be a cause for the issue in the skin where you have this problem, even if they load fine themselves. Maybe one of them is overlapping the problematic skin and create the impression that the font doesn't work the first time? :confused:
I have 2 other skins with the problematic one and all of them far apart. I dont know what was going on but its solved now so GG ig :great:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:01 pm I have 2 other skins with the problematic one and all of them far apart. I dont know what was going on but its solved now so GG ig :great:
Alrighty then - glad it's solved! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:01 pm but its solved now so GG ig :great:
How? What did you do, to fix it?
BlackChadhar

Post by BlackChadhar »

balala wrote: May 19th, 2023, 2:56 pm How? What did you do, to fix it?
I just changed the load order for the faulty skin to 1 so that it would load after others and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
Sorry for the late reply, didn't check back the site since the issue was solved.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:26 am I just changed the load order for the faulty skin to 1 so that it would load after others and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
Sorry for the late reply, didn't check back the site since the issue was solved.
@Brian, @jsmorley, any idea?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: May 21st, 2023, 1:46 pm @Brian, @jsmorley, any idea?
Just curious, have you been able to replicate it? Cause I have not... :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:26 am I just changed the load order for the faulty skin to 1 so that it would load after others and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
O.O Can't replicate the issue... O.O
BlackChadhar wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:26 am Sorry for the late reply, didn't check back the site since the issue was solved.
You can "ask" the forum to send you an email whenever a reply is posted. To do this, just check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox, below the field in which you're writing your reply.
Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2023, 2:19 pm Just curious, have you been able to replicate it? Cause I have not... :???:
Me neither...
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Active Colors wrote: May 21st, 2023, 1:46 pm @Brian, @jsmorley, any idea?
I have no idea. I can't replicate this either. When Rainmeter loads the very first string meter it encounters, it builds a "font collection" consisting of a system fonts (available to all skins), and local fonts (consisting of fonts in the @Resources\Fonts folder and any font using the LocalFontN options). "Local fonts" should not be available to skins located outside of the root config.

LoadOrder shouldn't have anything to do with this. :confused:

-Brian