It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:35 am

Music Player Skin visual is N/A

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gabi |

Music Player Skin visual is N/A

Post by gabi | »

I am using "PaperThin" skin And when I open spotify and look to Music Player widget I can see only N/A. How I can Fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Music Player Skin visual is N/A

Post by balala »

gabi | wrote: May 19th, 2023, 6:21 pm I am using "PaperThin" skin And when I open spotify and look to Music Player widget I can see only N/A. How I can Fix this?
Which skin of the Music Player config did you try using? Because there are three: GooglePlayer.ini, NormalPlayer.ini and SpotifyPlayer.ini. With Spotify, you probably have to use the last one (SpotifyPlayer.ini). Is this the one you tried using?
gabi |

Post by gabi | »

SpotifyPlayer.ini
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gabi | wrote: May 20th, 2023, 6:19 am SpotifyPlayer.ini
Do you have installed the SpotifyPlugin plugin on your computer? If you did install "normaly" the PaperThin skin suite, it should be, but just make sure it is. Here is how can you check this.
gabi |

Post by gabi | »

yes,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

gabi | wrote: May 20th, 2023, 8:05 amyes,
The Spotify plugin is deprecated.
The WebNowPlaying plugin must be used.

Follow the steps:
1-Download the file and add it to Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PaperThin\MusicPlayer.
SpotifyPlayer.ini
Then go to @Resources\Images\Player and rename the buttons correctly (the pause button renamed ButtonPause.png and the play button renamed ButtonPlay.png)

2-To fully support Spotify, you must install the WebNowPlaying 1.2.0 plugin and Spicetify.
-Download and install WebNowPlayingRedux_1.2.0.rmskin and the plugin will be installed automatically.
https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Redux-Rainmeter/releases
-Access the link: https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Advansity-UPDATED-18-MAY-2023-847234085
Follow the Spicetify installation instructions in the Music Player-Spotify Desktop Player section.
At the end, if the 5 commands were entered correctly in PowerShell, Spotify will restart
Then the skin should work.

Instead of the Next and Previous buttons, the author introduced the option to use the mouse wheel Up (next) and the mouse wheel Down (previous)
Capture.PNG

Note:
The skin can also work without installing Spicetify only with the WebNowPlaying plugin version 2.0.0 but....2 issues appear:
1-Multiple artist names not showing, only the first artist name
2-If you use Windows 10, the Spotify logo will be added to the cover image
gabi |

Post by gabi | »

Not worked and I uninstall Spicetify.
xenium

Post by xenium »

gabi | wrote: May 20th, 2023, 4:22 pm Not worked and I uninstall Spicetify.
If you followed all the steps, it should work.
If you have uninstalled Spicetify, install version 2.0.0 of the WebNowPlaying plugin and it will work (but it will only show the first artist if there are more)
gabi |

Post by gabi | »

works.
xenium

Post by xenium »

gabi | wrote: May 20th, 2023, 4:39 pmworks.
I'm glad!